Tiropita/ Cheese pie. The most popular pie or pita in Greece is the tiropita or as you may know it: Greek cheese pie. While spanakopita is equally popular, tiropita is the preferred pie for all times of the. Tiropita with feta cheese (Greek cheese pie) is a very popular Greek dish, that comes into a variety of shapes and sizes.
They can also be made ahead and stashed in the freezer. Tiropita or tyropita (Greek: τυρóπιτα, "cheese-pie") is a Greek pastry made with layers of buttered phyllo and filled with a cheese-egg mixture. It is served either in an individual-size free-form wrapped shape, or as a larger pie that is portioned. You can cook Tiropita/ Cheese pie using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tiropita/ Cheese pie
- You need 1 pound of feta.
- You need 1 pound of ricotta.
- It’s 8 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of dill or parsley or mixture.
- It’s 20 sheets of phyllo pastry.
Tiropita literally means cheese-pie and is a Greek pastry made with layers of buttered filo dough and filled with a cheese-egg mixture. Tiropita is a popular mid-morning snack in. Here's an absolutely delicious and easy recipe for homemade tiropita! Tiropita is that Greek feta cheese pie in filo.
Tiropita/ Cheese pie instructions
- Crumble feta. Combine cheeses with butter. Beat eggs until thick. Combine egg with cheese and then mix in dill. I like dill a lot, so I add more than recipe calls for.
- Line 11x14x2 inch pan with 10 buttered sheets of phyllo. Add egg-cheese mixture. Top with 8 buttered sheets of phyllo..
- Bake in 350 F oven for ~30 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares.
Magnificant cheese pie, creamy, dreamy and oh so rich! Make sure you don't cut right through pie. Greek cheese pie is everyone's favourite. It's one of the dishes with a multitude of variations, a pie that lends. Bring the Mediterranean to your kitchen with this When we want some Greek influence, we go for a tiropita, or Greek cheese pie.