Creamy Cajun Pasta. Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat. Reduce heat add green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through. Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.
When the cream mixture is almost bubbling, turn heat to low. Drain the pasta very well – add pasta to the crème sauce. HOW TO MAKE CREAMY CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA. You can cook Creamy Cajun Pasta using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Cajun Pasta
- You need 1 lb of sausage or andouille.
- Prepare 2 of boneless skinless chicken.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 1 lb of linguine pasta.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 tbs of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of heaping tbs minced garlic.
- You need 1 of small package sliced fresh mushrooms.
- You need 5 cup of chicken broth.
This recipe has a few moving parts, but once you get it down, it will be a recipe you fall back on over and over. Make sure to get the full recipe at the bottom of this post. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. While the pasta is cooking, pan fry the seasoned chicken that you pounded thin.
Creamy Cajun Pasta instructions
- Pour olive oil into the pot. Add diced chicken breast to the pot, cover with cajun seasoning, and stir until the chicken is evenly seasoned. Then, add sliced sausage and stir. Cook the meat on medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through..
- Once the meat is cooked, add in the garlic, onion, peppers, and mushrooms, and stir. Continue stirring for 3-5 minutes as the veggies cook down..
- Add the dry pasta to the pot (if using long, thin noodles, break in half), then pour in the chicken broth. Stir until everything is well-mixed. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, keep covered bring the heat down to a simmer for 10 minutes (stirring every two minutes). If there still extra chicken broth, you can discard it, cook longer until the liquid evaporates, or add a little cornstarch to thicken the liquid..
- Lastly, add heavy cream and parmesan and stir until your pasta is well blended. Garnish with green onions, more parmesan, a sprinkle of cajun seasoning (if you want some extra spice), and salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!.
- Tips: Dice and marinade my chicken breast over night in Dale's low sodium marinade. Use frozen onion peppers mix in a pinch..
How to Make One Pot Cajun Pasta. Add in garlic and saute for just a minute longer. Add in stock, tomatoes, and seasoning and bring to a boil. Once the liquid is boiling, add in the pasta, and reduce heat to simmer and cover with a lid. Cook pasta as per instructions on the pack with a little salt.