Chicken thighs with chickpeas. Toss to coat the chicken evenly with the lemon and oil, and make sure that the chickpeas are coated with the spice mixture as well. Stir in tomatoes and chickpeas, and bring to a simmer. Nestle chicken into mixture, skin side up.
Season both sides with salt and pepper. Taste before using to determine if you want to add more or less. You can always use less, and add more after cooking if you want to increase the spice level. You can cook Chicken thighs with chickpeas using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken thighs with chickpeas
- It’s 1 pound of bone-in skin-on chicken thighs.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of chickpeas drained.
- It’s 0.5 of onions sliced.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt, and nestle them into sauce. Add oregano and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes and toss.
Chicken thighs with chickpeas instructions
- Onions + red wine vinegar + lemon juice. Let it rest..
- Chicken + 1 tablespoon salt + pepper..
- Heat oil in an oven safe skillet and add the chicken skin side down. Fry on medium flame for 10 mins. We are looking for crispy golden brown skin. Flip and let the other side fry for 5 minutes. Remove chicken from pan..
- Fry the onions in the same skillet and add the remaining salt. After 2 minutes add the chickpeas. Fry for 5 minutes..
- Add the chicken back to the pan. Layer everything in 1 layer. Bake in the oven at 425F for 15 minutes..
Combine chickpeas, fennel seed, cumin, remaining teaspoon of turmeric and half the red onion slices on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Move chickpeas to the outer edges of the baking sheet. Scrape any excess marinade off the chicken, and place the chicken parts in the center. Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.