Crispy Tofu Curry – Leftover Ideas. Tofu – A great meatless option for this Panang Curry Dish. Buy the extra-firm variety for this recipe. Coconut Oil – To saute the veggies.
You'll find a million uses for this Granulated garlic or onion powder. Here I've seasoned half with curry powder and turmeric and the I also used leftover peanut sauce that I had made awhile ago from your site. While the tofu is crispy and slightly seasoned, it does still benefit from a sauce, such as Peanut Sauce, my Almond Butter Glaze, a Curry Sauce, or my Garlic I mixed my cubes into a green curry tonight and will incorporate the leftover cubes to try and make another maybe soy-based sauce tomorrow. You can cook Crispy Tofu Curry – Leftover Ideas using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crispy Tofu Curry – Leftover Ideas
- It’s 1 block of Tofu, fried crispy 1/2 inch width.
- It’s 1 of left over mince, burger or sausage (beef/pork; remove for vegetarian).
- Prepare 1 of leftover curried vegetables or curry sauce.
- It’s 1 dash of chili powder (optional).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of cooking oil.
Crispy tofu is sort of the only way I like tofu, I really like those crispy corners and soft in the middle little cubes, more than I probably should. I've also used some last of the season courgette and green beans for the veggies in this curry, along with red pepper which gives this curry a nice bit of crunch. Press the tofu to drain excess moisture. To maintain maximum crispiness post-frying, move the fried tofu to a wire cooling rack while you finish cooking.
Crispy Tofu Curry – Leftover Ideas instructions
- For leftover mince, burger or sausage – crumble apart and heat on pan. If none, pan fry some mince with desired seasonings on pan with a little cooking oil..
- Add your leftover curried veggies or sauce in pan, mixing in the minced meat. Note: To keep the tofu crispy, don't let it drown in curry sauce. Just add a few teaspoons to add flavour to the tofu..
- When the curry in pot is heated through, tear or cut your crispy tofu coarsely unto the pan. Quickly sauté it and add your additional powdered spices and salt, to taste. Don't leave it too long in pan, tofu will lose its crisp..
- Remove from pan and serve immediately. Enjoy its crispy curried goodness, like I did. 😊.
If refrigerated, the pieces will lose their crispiness and become chewy. Try this oil-free baked curried tofu for a healthy side or high-protein addition to salads, curries and stir fries. Simply cube tofu, mix with spices and bake until crispy. It's so easy and so yummy! Baked Tofu Spice Ideas. turmeric and cumin. sea salt and back pepper.