Leftovers Makeover: Roast Salmon Salad Sandwich. These are perfect to pack in your kids' lunch boxes when they can't face another boring sandwich. We love the salmon, cream cheese and dill tucked inside a crusty roll. The carrots and celery add a nice crunch. -Yvonne Shust, Shoal Lake, Manitoba.
Salmon salad served on tangy pumpernickel bread makes for an easy dinner–a double batch will give you lunch the next day. But the best sandwich will only be had with sockeye salmon. I am from wild Alaska salmon country and there is a world of difference between spring chum coho etc. and sockeye. You can have Leftovers Makeover: Roast Salmon Salad Sandwich using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leftovers Makeover: Roast Salmon Salad Sandwich
- It’s 1 cup of roasted salmon, flaked.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of minced onion.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of minced celery.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of minced carrot.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of minced dill pickle.
- You need 3-4 Tablespoons of leftover aioli or plain mayonnaise.
- It’s of optional: 1/2 teaspoon dry dill (or 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill).
Salmon just never seems to get old. Here are our best easy salmon recipes to make with our favorite weeknight dinner protein. For this roasted salmon recipe, finely chopping the walnuts, preserved lemon, and golden raisins gets them into every mouthful. The tangy oregano vinaigrette not only dresses the salad, but it also acts as a quick marinade for the salmon.
Leftovers Makeover: Roast Salmon Salad Sandwich instructions
- If you have leftover roast salmon, use your fork to flake it..
- Put the salmon with all other ingredients in a bowl and mix gently and thoroughly..
- Spread your bread of choice with a little aioli or mayo (I made open faced sammies with baguette today), top with the salmon salad, and then with the tomatoes..
- We enjoyed them with Pinot Grigio and some pickled yellow peppers and artichoke hearts on the side. :).
Infusing the fillets with the flavor of the vinaigrette boosts their flavor and marries them to the salad. This is a terrific all-in-one meal and an inventive use for salmon: Grace Parisi nestles the fillets in crunchy hunks of ciabatta bread tossed with to. Learn how to prepare this easy Smoked Salmon Salad Sandwich recipe like a pro. Roasted and smoked salmon, creamy, tangy dressing and hearty pumpernickel bread make for a satisfying sandwich. Here, the classic French salad becomes an elegant dinner, with mustard-glazed salmon in place of tuna, roasted vegetables and jammy eggs served over a jumble of salad greens tossed with a red-wine vinaigrette.