Chalupa-Joes or Sloppy Chalupas. Drain the meat mixture, then add the sauce and crumbled bacon. Turn down low stirring then cover. Heat the oil for frying chalupas.
See great recipes for Chalupa-Joes or Sloppy Chalupas, Chalupa-dog too! Ordinary sloppy joes get a lift from extra seasonings and picante sauce. Try serving them with refried beans and tortilla chips for a mouthwatering Mexican meal.—Nancy Means, Moline, Illinois Next Recipe. You can cook Chalupa-Joes or Sloppy Chalupas using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chalupa-Joes or Sloppy Chalupas
- Prepare of Meat.
- You need 1 pound of ground sirloin.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 1/4 pound of smoked sausage.
- You need 3 ounces of sliced bacon.
- You need To taste of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 cup of pasta sauce I used Mids Italian sausage sauce.
- You need of Chalupa fried bread.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated onion powder.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter diced.
- Prepare 2-1/4 cup of self rising flour.
- It’s As needed of peanut oil to fry in.
- You need of Toppings.
- You need 2 of large avocados.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- You need 1 of large lemon.
- You need To taste of shredded Parmesan cheese.
Cheesy sloppy joe casserole muffins, and an openface. Learn how to cook great Chalupa joes. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Chalupa joes recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Chalupa joes recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends.
Chalupa-Joes or Sloppy Chalupas step by step
- Fry the bacon crisp, keep the drippings. Take casing off the sausage, and chop well. Crumble the bacon..
- Chop the onions. Fry them in the bacon drippings. Add the sausage and ground sirloin. Season with salt and minced garlic..
- Drain the meat mixture, then add the sauce and crumbled bacon. Turn down low stirring then cover. Continue to simmer for 15 minutes. Heat the oil for frying chalupas..
- Mix all the chalupa ingredients except the oil to fry in. Knead and form a ball..
- Separate the dough into equal sized balls. Roll out into disc..
- Fry 2 minutes on first side then about a minute on side 2..
- Move to a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Repeat till done..
- Slice the avocados squeeze the lemon over the avocado slices and salt. Add the cheese..
- Add some of the meat sauce to the chalupa and top with toppings..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
I wanted sloppy joes, but we didn't have any buns and I realized we were out of bread so I figured why not make a twist on one of our favorite casseroles.. See great recipes for easy sloppy joe casserole, sloppy joes (José) too! Learn how to cook great Chalupas. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Chalupas recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Chalupas recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends.