TEQUILA SHRIMPS ♥. What an excellent meal we made with this! I'm not much of a tequila drinker, but cooking with tequila… well let's just say I don't object to boozy shrimp. The alcohol actually cooks out so you won't get intoxicated eating this, but the flavor is spot on.
Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add the shrimp, seal bag and turn to coat evenly. Tequila Lime Shrimp is a Mexican recipe made of shrimp, tequila, lime and cilantro. This is an easy and budget-friendly recipe. You can have TEQUILA SHRIMPS ♥ using 9 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of TEQUILA SHRIMPS ♥
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves chopped.
- You need 700 grams of clean and peeled shrimps.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of tequila.
- You need 3 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro.
- It’s 1 of lemon cut in 4.
Used sour cream, cooked frozen shrimp, tequila blanco and lime juice as previously suggested. Would highly recommend marinating the shrimp, the dish does need a little. Top notch — both because it's so delicious and so easy to prepare. The second time I made it, I accidentally added the lime juice and oil to the tequila, and added all of that to the pan with the shrimp.
TEQUILA SHRIMPS ♥ instructions
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add shrimp and cook until they turn pink, about 3 minutes. Add the tequila and season with salt and chili powder. Simmer until the liquid has evaporated, about 3 minutes. Place shrimp on a plate and garnish with cilantro. Serve with lemon wedges..
It was a happy accident, which made a great sauce that I simply poured over the rice and shrimp on serving. Preheat an indoor grill plate over high heat. Tequila + lime + shrimp = the best quick & easy summer grilling recipe – go make this! Flame with the tequila remove the shrimp from pan and cover. Add the lime zest and heavy cream to the pan then reduce the sauce over medium heat.