Instant Pot Lentil Spinach Curry. Instant Pot Curried Carrot Red Lentil Soup – Another ★★★★★ five-star rated recipe! Split red lentils, carrots, ginger, and curry. This one's super fast – and full of flavor.
Stir the lentils and if the mixture is thick, add some water and let it simmer for a minute. Mash the lentils using a spoon to get a smooth consistency. Instant Pot Coconut Spinach Lentil Curry – A scrumptious Vegan meal with lots of fiber and nutrients from both the lentils and spinach. You can have Instant Pot Lentil Spinach Curry using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Lentil Spinach Curry
- You need 3/4 cup of Moong dal (yellow lentil).
- You need 1 cup of Baby Spinach.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion chopped.
- You need 1/2 of Tomato finely diced(optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Minced ginger garlic.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of Water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garam Masala.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Black pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Asafoetida/Hing(Optional).
- It’s of Chopped Cilantro.
This easy to make Instant Pot Coconut Spinach Lentil Curry or you can even call it Instant Pot Vegan Lentil Soup / Spinach Lentil Soup recipe is a healthy Instant Pot Vegan recipe that makes a perfect. Spiced Potato Spinach Lentils made in a pressure cooker or Instant Pot. One-pot, WOW-flavor, inexpensive, how-can-something-this-easy-taste-this-good? meal gorgeousness. This simple, healthy Instant Pot Lentil Curry could be a dinner pageant queen!
Instant Pot Lentil Spinach Curry step by step
- Wash the lentils thoroughly and keep them drained..
- Keep the Instant Pot on Sauté mode.Once hot,add oil and butter.Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and when they start spluttering,add the chopped onions and ginger garlic..
- When the onions become soft, add turmeric,salt,hing and black pepper along with 1/4 cup water and cook for another 2 minutes..
- When oil separates from the masala, add the lentils and 2 cups water into the inner pot..
- Close the IP lid and keep the steam release handle to Sealing position.Pressure cook for 4 minutes..
- Once done, open the lid using quick release.Stir the lentils and if the mixture is thick, add some water and let it simmer for a minute.Mash the lentils using a spoon to get a smooth consistency..
- Now add the spinach leaves and diced tomatoes and pressure cook for another 2 minutes and once done,open the lid using quick release..
- Add little water as required if the curry is too thick..
- Sprinkle some garam masala and chopped cilantro..
- Serve the curry hot along with some Rice..
- Check my blog for more recipes. https://cookwithjiya.com.
It's creamy, not too spicy, and can be either a brown lentil curry or green lentil curry recipe, depending upon which lentils you use. Creamy, spicy, delicious red curry lentils, made in the Instant Pot. It's almost embarrassingly easy: lentils, cooked with a can of tomato sauce, some warm spices, and the essential onion-garlic-ginger trifecta, and made creamy with a little bit of coconut milk and/or butter and/or ghee. This Indian Coconut Lentil Curry is full of flavor and can either be made in an Instant Pot or on the stove-top. Infused with fragrant Indian spices, this authentic recipe is not only delicious, it is vegan and gluten-free!