Chicken Curry Stew Instant Pot IP. Great recipe for Chicken Curry Stew Instant Pot IP. I am using chicken gizzards, but regular chicken can be used instead. This is not a proper curry (vindaloo in this case), but more a stew.
Instant Pot® Coconut Curry Chicken Instant Pot® Coconut Curry Chicken. made separately in the IP while my coconut chicken curry stayed warm on stovetop (extra IP stainless steel liner is key!), and with a side of steamed broccoli. Place the remaining potato chunks in an oven-safe bowl (to avoid them from going mushy), then layer it on top of the carrots. *Pro Tip: Half batch of potatoes (photo above) is layered on top of chicken thighs to enhance flavor and acts as a natural thickener for the chicken curry; while the remaining half batch (photo below) will add texture for the final dish. This Instant Pot Masala Chicken Curry Stew is the ultimate cold weather comfort food, and may just be the easiest recipe you will ever make. You can cook Chicken Curry Stew Instant Pot IP using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Curry Stew Instant Pot IP
- You need 1 pound of chicken.
- It’s 1/2 of onion (to your taste).
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic (ok I used 5).
- You need 1 of carrot (to your taste).
- It’s 1 of potato (to your taste).
- It’s 4 of Tbl. Curry paste.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of broth or water.
Instant pot chicken stew is all made in one pot, where everything is dumped into the pot and stew cooks itself. Ultra tender juicy chicken pieces and soft vegetables in gravy like sauce makes this chicken stew the best and it's perfect winter meal with some crusty bread to dunk into the saucy stew. Jamaican Chicken Curry is a favorite standby in Jamaican cuisine. It's a chicken dish that's cooked low and slow to get all the amazing flavors infused in the chicken and vegetables.
Chicken Curry Stew Instant Pot IP instructions
- Clean and rough chop garlic.
- Clean and rough chop onion.
- Clean and rough chop carrot.
- Clean and rough chop potato.
- This is the chicken I am using for this one.
- Clean and chop your chicken into but sides pieces.
- Put your IP on saute add some oil. When it gets hot add your onions and garlic, saute for a couple minutes until onion just changed color.
- Add potato and carrots, saute for a few minutes stirring most of the time.
- Add your curry paste (Vindaloo shown here), saute for s couple minutes, stirring constantly..
- Add your chicken and saute for a couple minutes stirring most of the time..
- I'm using chicken broth, add it and deglaze, get the stuck bird of the bottom as best you can..
- Now it's pressure time. Set your IP to pressure (high) cook for 15 minutes, let it do it's thing (press start on mine).
- Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
- It's ready to serve.
- I served mine over rice.
This Thai red curry with chicken brings complexity and depth of flavor, while still as easy as any Instant Pot stew. STOVE TOP: If cooking on the stovetop, season chicken with salt and pepper and sear in oil, in a heavy-bottomed pot or dutch oven, over medium heat, until most sides are golden (they will finish cooking in a later step). This is an Indian Mom's authentic Chicken Curry recipe made in Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker. This Chicken Curry instant pot recipe is made in a simple onion-tomato gravy with the aroma of whole spices. Chicken legs without skin works best for today's recipe.