Ox Tail Soup Instant Pot IP. Make life easier with Instant Pot, the programmable pressure & multi cooker. Turn the Instant Pot (IP) to the "sauté" function and allow to heat a few minutes. Thicken & Seasonings: The Instant Pot Oxtail will be fall-off-the-bone tender, so carefully set aside the oxtail and half of the carrots.
Add oxtail and water (or beef stock) in a big pot. Cook over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. A simplified version based on my original oxtail soup recipe so you can use minimal prep and time to cook everything in one pot. You can cook Ox Tail Soup Instant Pot IP using 18 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ox Tail Soup Instant Pot IP
- You need of First Cook.
- You need 2 1/4 pounds of ox tails (give or take).
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of Bay leaves.
- You need 1 of thumb sized piece fresh ginger.
- It’s 2 of beef bullion cubes.
- You need 4 of Tbl. Fish sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Oregano (dried).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of Cumin (powder).
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of Crushed red pepper (optional).
- You need 1 of water.
- You need of Second Cook.
- Prepare 1 of potato.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery.
- It’s 1-2 of carrots.
- It’s 1 of Salt to taste.
- It’s of Garnish.
- Prepare 1 of chives, scallion, parsley, cilantro.
The oxtails will turn out soft like butter and the soup rich and hearty. Both Instant Pot and stovetop pressure cooker methods are included. With the help of a pressure cooker, Oxtail Soup (Hong Kong Style Borscht) can be prepared in much less time! This hearty and flavorful tomato-based soup is cooked with oxtail and stew beef, onion, carrot, tomatoes, potatoes, and cabbage.
Ox Tail Soup Instant Pot IP step by step
- Cut off excess fat from ox tails.
- Place ox tails in IP.
- Cover ox tails with water, about 1 to 1 1/2 inch above the top of the tails..
- Add rest of first cook ingredients..
- Set your IP to pressure cook (I used Meat/Stew actually) for 55 minutes..
- After cook time is done, natural pressure release (NPR) for 10 minutes, than quick release (QR) remaining pressure.
- Chop you potato, celery and carrots to medium sized pieces, celery about 1 1/2 inches, carrot about 3/4 inch and potato 1 inch cubes..
- If there is an obscene amount of fat, you can skim it off now also..
- Taste! Adjust salt level if required..
- Add veggies to pot..
- Set your IP to pressure cook 10 minutes.
- Allow NPR 10 minutes, than QR the remaining pressure.
- Serve with crusty bread to eat the broth with (dunk it in), but rice or noodles would work as well..
- Garnish with scallion, cilantro, parsley, chives (what I used in the photo), sesame seeds, or nothing..
Today's recipe is the pressure cooker version of our family's favorite Oxtail Soup – Hong Kong Style Borscht.. There are many oxtail soup and oxtail broth recipes online, but a quick note on my recipe. I made this instant pot oxtail broth recipe so that I can use this broth (and meat) as a base to specifically make Japanese recipes. I also cut some of the gristle and any excess fat at this time. I save the gristle for bone broth.