Mushroom Alfredo Instant Pot IP. Make life easier with Instant Pot, the programmable pressure & multi cooker. The basic steps to make Instant Pot chicken fettuccine alfredo are here. You'll need to break your fettuccine noodles in half to fit them properly in your pot, I did the same thing when I make Instant Pot spaghetti.
Well, I was feeling some Alfredo, but not a huge fan of chicken Alfredo. So checking out a number of recipes, but not a one like I wanted, I came up with this one. I also like the added texture peas give it, but those are. You can cook Mushroom Alfredo Instant Pot IP using 9 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mushroom Alfredo Instant Pot IP
- It’s 8 Oz. of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 8 Oz. of Pasta.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of Salt (to taste).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of Black pepper (to taste).
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 1/2-2 cups of parmesan.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of Tbl. Butter (or oil).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen peas (optional).
Chicken Fettuccini is a favorite at our house and I'm so excited that I can now make it super quick! Using the Instant Pot cuts the cooking time by more than half and the best part is I only dirty one stinkin' pot. I'm tellin' you this Instant Pot thing is a game changer, especially for this Instant Pot Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo. How to make Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo First, set your Pressure Cooker on your counter and plug it in.
Mushroom Alfredo Instant Pot IP step by step
- Today I am using baby bellows but button I use also. Slice them, how you like. These will also give the final product a light brown color, use button mushrooms to reduce that affect..
- Clean and chop garlic.
- Set the IP to saute.
- Add butter to IP.
- Add garlic to butter once it melts, stir for a minute.
- Add mushrooms and stir.
- Stir and cook until done to your liking, i like them just cooked, almost impossible, due to steam to get a picture.
- Add broth, this is what I use. This does give the final product a slight brown instead of white color. Use water if you don't like that..
- Add cream, about best we have available here.
- Stir to blend.
- Add salt and pepper, and stir.
- Break pasta in half, and drop it in randomly. I found this stops then from sticking together, which happens if you drop them in all in a bunch..
- Then press the pasta down as best you can to cover them with liquid..
- Set to pressure cook as follows; 6 minutes el dente, 7 minutes normal, 8 minutes soft. I like 6, the wife 8, we compromised 😊.
- When time is done, hit cancel (turn off warming), let sit 1-2 minutes (no longer). Quick release remaining pressure.
- Optional peas – If you choose to add green peas, add them now..
- Optional peas – Stir them in..
- Give a quick store and then put the lid back on, you do not need to seal it, we are just letting it sit for 3 minutes, do not skip this step, even if NOT using peas! You will have problems with melting your cheese if you do..
- After wait, add parmesan to pot.
- Stir until cheese melts and is completely incorporated..
Find a safe spot that when you release the pressure, you have clearance above. I've accidentally put mine right under a light fixture. So this Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo is a true dump meal, meaning you don't need to cook anything separately – it all goes in the pot! Typically you're not supposed to cook milk or cream under pressure in the Instant Pot so to avoid this issue I stir in the cream towards the end with the cheese. Mix stock and Sauce Mix in medium bowl until well blended.