Home made enchilada sauce. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Enchilada sauce recipe adapted from my spinach artichoke enchiladas. Let it cool to room temperature before transferring to a wide-mouth mason jar, leaving some room at the top for expansion (don't screw on the lid completely until the mixture is fully.
You can double it and freeze the rest. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the chili powder, cumin, cayenne, bouillon cube and some salt and. You can cook Home made enchilada sauce using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Home made enchilada sauce
- You need 2 Tbsp of olive oil or butter.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 Tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s to taste of salt & pepper.
Homemade Red Enchilada Sauce Ingredients: To make this enchilada sauce recipe, you'll need (affiliate links included):. Chili powder: As in, the classic American* chili powder, such as this. This is the main seasoning in this simple sauce, so I recommend buying a good-quality brand. Easy Homemade Enchilada Sauce With a few pantry ingredients, you can quickly whip up a batch of homemade enchilada sauce!
Home made enchilada sauce step by step
- Heat oil or butter in a large sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Add flour & whisk about 2 minutes until tan in color.
- Whisk in chicken broth until smooth & add in all seasonings.
- Once sauce starts to bubble reduce heat & let simmer 10-15 minutes until thickened.
- Pour over enchiladas & bake!.
From Erica Kastner of Buttered Side Up. Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion, oregano, chili powder, basil, ground black pepper, salt, cumin, parsley, salsa and tomato sauce. Mix together and then stir in the water. Use in place of canned enchilada sauce.