[Vegan] Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet. Remove from heat and stir in brown and white sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk in chickpea flour "egg" until well combined. Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Skillet!
I'm writing this post while nursing a major sugar hangover, but it was worth every delicious bite of that giant chocolate chip cookie. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk the sugars, olive oil, and almond milk until incorporated. You can have [Vegan] Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of [Vegan] Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- You need 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of organic cane sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of apple sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt, plus more for topping.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 2/3 cup of dairy-free chocolate chips.
Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, and then stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Tip: Remove the skillet cookie from the cast iron skillet (do not store in the skillet or it will take on the flavor of the iron pan). Flaxseed Option: An equal amount of ground chia seeds can be used I place of the flaxseed meal. In a medium bowl add nut/seed butter, oil and sugar; whisk vigorously.
[Vegan] Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet instructions
- Pre-heat your oven to 350° F..
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sea salt, coconut sugar, cane sugar, whole wheat flour, and baking powder. Mix well..
- Add in the apple sauce, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. As you mix that with the dry, fold in the chocolate chips..
- Greese your cast iron skillet with a bit of coconut oil, and pour the batter in. It will be a pretty thick batter, which is normal..
- Once it's spread out evenly, sprinkle a bit more sea salt on and cook for 25-30 minutes, until done on top and slightly under cooked in the middle..
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes. Top with dairy-free ice cream..
Add in flaxseed "egg" and vanilla extract whisking again until evenly combined. A vegan recipe on the blog once again?! I have been meaning to post a recipe like this forever, and I'm so excited to be sharing it with y'all today. This is a Vegan Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie, made with ingredients that non-vegan people will actually have in their house! Cool slightly, then top with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream (optional but delicious) and enjoy!