Cilantro shredded tofu salad 香菜干丝#凉菜##vegan#. Chinese tofu salad is a light and tasty summertime dish. Five-spiced tofu noodles and summer vegetables are all you need for an authentic Chinese tofu In the summer, I'm always looking for quick and easy dishes like this Chinese tofu salad, that rely on great summer vegetables and light proteins. Tofu salad is the type of dish my mom will toss together without any recipe, with whatever ingredients she has on hand.
This dish comes from my hometown, Zhenjiang, China. To make Salad: Combine tofu, mushrooms, celery, carrots, turnip, cucumber, cilantro, and green onions in bowl. Line platter or fill bowls with shredded romaine, top with tofu-vegetable mixture, and garnish with cashews and sesame seeds (if using). You can cook Cilantro shredded tofu salad 香菜干丝#凉菜##vegan# using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cilantro shredded tofu salad 香菜干丝#凉菜##vegan#
- You need 1 bunch of organic cilantro.
- It’s 8 oz of non-GMO ready-to-eat shredded tofu (Asian grocery store).
- You need 1/2 Tsp of toasted sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of toasted sesame oil.
- You need 1 Tsp of your favorite vinegar.
- It’s 1 Tsp of organic soy sauce.
Like tofu shirataki noodles, shredded tofu is gluten-free and low caloric. Though they lack the elasticity of wheat noodles, the strands possess an al dente quality that makes them just as interesting to chew as pasta. The strands are sold in various widths, ranging from spaghetti-like thinness to wider. The texture of shredded tofu is soft, fluffy, and nothing short of amazing.
Cilantro shredded tofu salad 香菜干丝#凉菜##vegan# instructions
- Rinse and dry a whole bunch of cilantro, cut into 1 inch in length.
- Loosen pre-cooked shredded tofu by hand and cut then into 1 inch length strips.
- Mix them in a large bowl using hands. If not eating immediately, store in a Pyrex container in the fridge. It's good for 3 days..
- Classical dressing : mix 1Tsp vinegar, 1 Tsp organic soy sauce and 1 Tsp of toasted sesame oil.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds.
- Crush some black pepper.
Grated into thin, fine strands, shredded tofu cooks at record speed — that is, should you choose to cook it. It's also a real treat just eaten as is, mixed into salads and noodle bowls. OMG you guys… This Curried Tofu Salad is SO GOOD and SO PERFECT for summer. I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase these specifically for the salad, but if I had them on hand I would toss them in: finely diced red onion, shredded carrot, sliced almonds, cashews, diced celery, sliced green. Melissa Clark shreds tofu for this hearty weeknight stir-fry.