Herb And Honey Crostini. Home » Appetizers » Ricotta, Honey & Basil Crostini. Toasted baguette is topped with creamy ricotta, fresh cracked pepper, fragrant basil and drizzled with honey for a perfect sweet and savory bite!. I love using fresh herbs whenever possible.
It's a great appetizer idea for the holidays or weekend brunch. This crostini appetizer is piled high with our favorite toppings; we're sharing the recipe on the blog so you can give it a try! Herbs and honey work well bringing out the acidity and then cut it right back down. You can cook Herb And Honey Crostini using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Herb And Honey Crostini
- You need 3 tbsp of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 2 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed dried rosemary.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of kosher or coarse salt, plus salt for sprinkling (if desired ).
- Prepare 1/2 of long baguette, sliced 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick (about 15 slices).
You can also whisk honey directly into goat cheese and top it with sliced peaches, pears, etc. served over a crostini. In a small sauce pan over medium-high heat, combine honey and water; bring to a boil. Add herb sprigs and reduce heat to a simmer. Use a pastry brush to lightly coat both sides of each piece with olive oil.
Herb And Honey Crostini step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil..
- Place the butter, honey, salt, thyme, and rosemary in a small bowl and stir to mix well..
- Lightly spread each of the baguette slices with some of the honey butter mixture and arrange them side by side on the prepared baking sheet..
- Bake crostini until the edges are lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes..
- Remember the bread slices will harden as they cool, so take them out before they get too crisp..
- Sprinkle the crostini with additional salt if desired and serve..
- *Note: If your baguette is thin, try slicing the bread on the diagonal. You will get cooler looking slices with more surface area.*.
- **The crostini can be kept in a tightly sealed container for up to 3 days.**.
Brie Crostini with honey is a simple and delicious appetizer. The creamy brie topped crostini is sprinkled with fresh herbs and drizzled with honey for an amazing flavor combination. Having a list of go to, easy appetizers like brie crostini makes entertaining so much easier. Because I love you all so much, I am also sharing my grilled pear, brie, and honey crostini with fresh rosemary recipe that is featured in the magazine. Utah is known as the "Beehive" state.