Cube Steak & Gravy Instant Pot IP. Order Your Omaha Steak Online Today and Save! Cube Steak is as tender as can be and irresistible when smothered in a quick gravy made from onion soup mix—easy, simple, and hearty. Season the cube steaks on both sides with salt and pepper.
These steaks are fork tender, savory, and delicious (and easy too)! These steaks are fork tender, savory, and delicious (and easy too)! This cubed steak recipe was one of the first dishes I shared here, and boy do we love it. You can cook Cube Steak & Gravy Instant Pot IP using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cube Steak & Gravy Instant Pot IP
- It’s of Dredge.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour (ap).
- You need 1 tsp. of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp. of Garlic powder.
- You need 1/4-1/2 tsp. of Cayenne (optional).
- It’s of Main.
- Prepare 3/4 pounds of cube steak.
- Prepare 1 of gravy packet.
- Prepare 1/2 of large onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp. of Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 tsp. of Cayenne (optional).
- You need 1 1/2-2 cups of broth.
Make your onions FIRST: Here is a quick tutorial on how to make either Fried (aka quick) or Caramelized (aka slow) Onions. Both are great on top of this steak – make what you have time for! Make sure to pat the cube steaks dry with paper towels to remove moisture. This will help the meat sear and get a good crust.
Cube Steak & Gravy Instant Pot IP step by step
- Mix dredge ingredients in whatever container you wish..
- Cut your cube steak how you like, I like bite sized pieces..
- I just toss it in the dredge until coated..
- Chop half an onion, I like this long, but do what you like..
- Set your IP to saute.
- Add 2-3 Tbl. Oil to the liner. Once hot, put in your floured meat and brown it..
- Once your meat is just browned, add your onions..
- Keep stirring until the onions just turn a little.
- I happened to buy this gravy, use what you like..
- Add your gravy and broth to the mix in the liner. Give it a stir..
- Set your IP to pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- Quick Release (QR) pressure when time is up.
- Stir the contents, check the gravy. You may add a corn starch slurry now, if you want it thicker, or take a stick blender to it if that's the way you roll. Mine was thinner than I like, but my wife requested thinner gravy this go round, she won 😉.
- We served this with a potato and cauliflower mash which is posted also..
Cube steak or cubed steak is a cut of beef, usually top round or top sirloin, tenderized and flattened by pounding with a meat tenderizer. The name refers to the shape of the indentations left by that process (called "cubing"). This is the most common cut of meat used for the American dish chicken fried steak Easy Cube Steak. I love to experiment with different ways to cook meat. This is the best way I found to make cube steak.