Red Beans With Ham Hocks Instant Pot IP. Red Beans With Ham Hocks Instant Pot IP A one pound bag of dried beans is too much for just the two of us so I break them in half and make two different things out of them. The first go-round which was the first time I tried making dried beans in my instant pot, was red beans and rice. Dice up the onion and throw it in your pot with the rinsed dried beans and the ham bone.
Ham bone red beans and rice, both made in an instant pot/electronic pressure cooker. Instant Pot Ham Bone Red Beans and Rice The Monday tradition of red beans lives on here in the Deep South, even if they're made on Sunday, which, when they're made from dried beans, more often they are! Put the beans and ham hock in the Instant Pot with onion, garlic, chiles, salt, pepper, and water or broth. You can have Red Beans With Ham Hocks Instant Pot IP using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red Beans With Ham Hocks Instant Pot IP
- It’s 8 Oz. of dried red beans.
- Prepare 2 cups of broth.
- Prepare 6-8 Oz. of Smoked sausage.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 1-2 stalk of celery.
- Prepare 1-3 of carrot.
- It’s 1/2-1 of green pepper.
- You need 2 of Bay leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 of Tbl. Chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper (to taste).
- You need 1-2 tsp. of Salt (to taste).
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of thumb size fresh ginger.
Twist to lock the lid, and turn the valve to sealing. Unlock lid, and remove ham hocks with tongs. Only one tiny issue. my beans were just slightly under cooked. My husband LOVES red beans and rice and this was my first IP try ( not using my normal recipe ).
Red Beans With Ham Hocks Instant Pot IP step by step
- These are the types of beans I am using. Half the bag in my case..
- Add dried beans to IP liner, after picking through them for debris..
- Add broth, it needs to cover dried beans by about an inch to an inch and half, adjust as required, the ingredients measurement is a guide line..
- Type of Sausage I am using.
- Ham Hocks I am using (half the package) boneless.
- Slice sausage, add to the liner with ham Hocks.
- Clean and cut veggies, I like a larger cut, add seasoning. Decision point – if you salt before you cook the beans they have a slight firmer texture, if you salt after the beans are cooked they have a softer texture. Add salt for the texture of beans you desire. Here for firmer, later for softer..
- Set IP to pressure cook for 50 minutes, high..
- I allow it to rest for 5 minutes after the cook time, just to make sure it has settled down inside, then quick release remaining pressure.
- Remove lid, remove ham hocks, debone (if needed) and shred, put meat back into pot, stir..
- We were eating this with bread, not rice. We wanted a thinner soup like constancy. It you want red beans & rice, you can either take a stick blender and beat up some of the beans, or use a corn starch slurry to thicken it..
He loved it, but did find just a tad os a. Instant Pot Pinto Beans and Ham Cook Time. This recipe comes together in just over an hour. Once the cooking time is over you will want to allow your instant pot to do a "natural release". Try my Crock Pot Pinto Beans.