Chicken Paws Korean Style Instant Pot IP. One of my favorite Korean inspired recipes is Bulgogi, which is Korean gilled beef in a sweet and spicy sauce. I have a recipe for Korean Bulgogi BBQ Steak Bowls that you guys all seem to love, but I wanted to create a lighter, simpler chicken version using the Instant Pot (don't worry, I included slow cooker directions too). Great recipe for Chicken Paws Korean Style Instant Pot IP.
Chicken feet, Dakbal in Korean is not the most popular food or ingredients for people. Probably because how they look and the image. lol! Honestly it's not easy to eat if you are a beginner, but when you get to know this dish. oh, man. You can have Chicken Paws Korean Style Instant Pot IP using 21 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Paws Korean Style Instant Pot IP
- It’s 1-1 1/2 pounds of chicken feet.
- Prepare of Marinade.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 Tbl of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 Tbl of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbl of vinegar (I used rice).
- You need 1 Tbl of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of liquid smoke (optional).
- You need of Sauce.
- It’s 3 of Tbl. Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbl of hoison sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tbl of Gochujang (or hot sauce, to taste).
- You need 1 of Tbl. Sesame oil.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 (2 inch) of fresh ginger.
- You need 1 Tbl of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chicken broth.
- You need of Saute.
- It’s 3 Tbl of oil.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cups of chicken broth.
Great recipe for Red Beans With Ham Hocks Instant Pot IP. A one pound bag of dried beans is too much for just the two of us so I break them in half and make two different things out of them. The first go-round which was the first time I tried making dried beans in my instant pot, was red beans. Chicken feet, while they may seem a bit strange to eat, are just incredible.
Chicken Paws Korean Style Instant Pot IP step by step
- What I found at my local grocery.
- If required clean your chicken feet, and optionally clip the toe nails, place in a bowl.
- Add marinade ingredients to bowl, mix well. Let sit for 30 minutes to 2 hours, stir occasionally..
- Add oil to IP liner, put IP on saute.
- Put chicken feet in liner right away, to cold oil so they don't pop and burn you, save remaining marinade.
- Add left over marinade to smaller bowl. Add rest of sauce ingredients, Stir..
- Stir chicken feet often until a little browned. Add chicken broth and deglaze liner.
- Add sauce, stir it up.
- Set IP to pressure cook for 20 minutes.
- Allow to natural pressure release 10 minutes, quick release the remaining pressure.
- Now you can cook the sauce until thick, on saute stirring frequently, or remove and eat immediately, like I do.
- Garnish with green onions and/or sesame seeds..
When brined and braised, they become the most delicious morsels of deliciousness. Braised Chicken Feet is an extremely popular dim sum dish and is absolutely amazing when cooked correctly. From chicken cacciatore to coconut curry, chicken pot pie to honey-garlic chicken, each recipe is delicious and made quick and easy in the Instant Pot. Dim Sum style chicken feet, a.k.a. Feng Zhua or Pheonix Claws – a dish that's definitely a bit on the complex side but more than tasty to make up for it.