Instant Pot – Moroccan Soup with Chickpeas and split red peas. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Make life easier with Instant Pot, the programmable pressure & multi cooker. Instant Pot Split Pea Soup is hearty, satisfying and full of bold Moroccan flavours.
OMG it is so good that even my husband who thinks soup 'is not food' came around. It is SO delicious, so good for you, and it's super easy to make. Stir in broth and water, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pot. You can cook Instant Pot – Moroccan Soup with Chickpeas and split red peas using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot – Moroccan Soup with Chickpeas and split red peas
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced onions.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2-3 tsp of Moroccan spice.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of Cayenne.
- It’s 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of carrot sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms optional.
- It’s 1 of celery sliced.
- It’s 1 cup of sliced pork.
- It’s 1 cup of Chickpeas.
- You need 1 cup of Split red lentils.
- It’s 1/2 cup of quinoa.
- It’s 6 cups of chicken stock.
Add split peas, half of bacon, salt, pepper and bay leaf; mix well. Great recipe for Instant Pot – Moroccan Soup with Chickpeas and split red peas. This is a twist on a Moroccan Soup. I like the hearty broth and use of leftovers and whatever is in the house.
Instant Pot – Moroccan Soup with Chickpeas and split red peas step by step
- In an electric pressure cooker press saute add oil, bring to hot.
- Add diced onions, carrots, celery. Cook for about 3 minutes..
- Add the canned tomatoes, then stir in the rinsed lentils, chickpeas, and quinoa. (Should be rehydrated).
- Add the chicken stock, respect the 1/2 pot line..
- Cook at bean or manual for 20 minutes. Leave natural release for 10 minutes. Then quick release. Salt and pepper to taste, Enjoy.
Place all of the jarred ingredients into the Instant Pot. Cover with the lid and ensure the vent is in the "Sealed" position. Make Life Simple, Instant Pot Split Pea Soup with Harissa Paste and fragrant North African spices. Arrange whatever pieces come your way. ~Virginia Woolf~ This vegan Make Life Simple, Instant Pot Split Pea Soup is packed full of winter veggies and seasoned with North African spices. For that reason, this is both a Moroccan Chickpea Soup and a Moroccan Garbonzo Bean Soup.