Instant Pot Rice Pudding. Rice pudding is a delicious and easy to make dessert recipe! Make the best creamy, old fashioned rice pudding recipe quicker and easier using a pressure cooker or Instant Pot. This recipe for the best pressure cooker rice pudding is comfort food at its best.
Make Rice Pudding: Pour milk mixture into the cooked rice. Bring the rice pudding mixture to a simmer (Instant Pot: press "Cancel", then "Saute" button). Just a few ingredients and it's great served either warm or cold. You can have Instant Pot Rice Pudding using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Rice Pudding
- It’s 1 Cup of Short Grain Rice.
- It’s 2 1/2 Cups of 2% Milk.
- You need 3/4 Cup of Sugar or Splenda.
- You need 1 Cup of 2% Milk.
- You need 1/2-3/4 Cup of 2% Milk.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Raisins (possibly).
- Prepare 1 Tbs of Cinnamon (possibly).
Rinse rice until water runs clear. Strain out most of the water and add rice to a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Add milk, water, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt and stir well. While rice is cooking, whisk eggs with half and half and vanilla.
Instant Pot Rice Pudding step by step
- Add 1 1/2 cup water to the bottom on the Instant Pot..
- In a 7 Cup Pyrex Bowl Add Rice and 2 1/2 Cup 2% milk..
- Add 3/4 Cup sugar or Splenda and mix..
- Some add Cinnamon. I did not. Also you can add Raisins. Place milk mixture on a high rise Trivet and gently drop in Instant Pot..
- Set on High for 20 minute. After let pressure come down naturally. Bout 15 minutes..
- Stir. Add 1 Cup 2% Milk. Allow to cool or eat warm. I normally go to the next step..
- After some time the rice will absorb the milk and your Pudding will thicken up a bit. Stir it. Add 1/2 – 3/4 Cup Milk. Stir..
- Very creamy. If you like it warm eat it now. If not, put a lid on it and stick it in the refrigerator to cool!!!.
Rice pudding is a comfort dessert. It reminds me of Sunday night dinners. Rice pudding is a low budget dessert and tastes so good. When making Rice Pudding in the Instant Pot, it takes all the guesswork out of making rice pudding and lets you make it in half the time. Instant Pot Rice Pudding is one of the easiest ways to make the most delicious and creamy rice pudding you have ever tasted!