Cheesy Spicy Grits. Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese Grits- these spicy, cheesy grits are wonderfully creamy and a great addition to a southern breakfast. I typically eat grits for breakfast, but they also make a great side dish. Not only do I love the taste of grits, they are a wonderfully economical food.
Stir in grits, pepper flakes, and pepper sauce over low heat. This quick and easy shrimp and grits recipe will wow your family as a weeknight meal or impress guests at a dinner party. The vein of the shrimp runs along the back of the shrimp, just below the surface, and is actually the digestive tract. You can have Cheesy Spicy Grits using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Spicy Grits
- It’s 1 cup of grits.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 pound of Canadian bacon see my recipe.
- It’s 1-1/4 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese chunks.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sliced pickled jalapeno peppers.
It won't cause you harm to eat, but can taste gritty (and you definitely don't want that), so it's best to remove it. To see how to do so, click here. Cheese grits get a fun makeover with a nice dose of hot sauce. Remove from heat; add remaining ingredients, stirring until cheese melts.
Cheesy Spicy Grits instructions
- Bring the water with salt to boil. Stir in the grits stirring constantly, you don't want lumps..
- Slice the Canadian bacon. Stir into the grits, and add the butter..
- Cut the cheese into chunks and add to the boiling grits. Be careful the grits will pop you. There is nothing worse then a grit burn. It stays hot and sticks to you..
- When the cheese melts and is stirred in, add the jalapeno peppers..
- Turn off the heat and let rest 7 minutes covered. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!!.
Spicy Stewed Beef with Creamy Cheddar Grits A feast for the senses! Spicy fall-apart beef served over delicious grits. Great for your Super Bowl party! Cheesy Shrimp and Grits combines succulent tender shrimp cooked to perfection in a tangy spicy sauce over creamy cheesy polenta. This classic Southern recipe is an easy and tasty way to put a quick dinner on the table.