Italian Zucchini Yachts!.
You can have Italian Zucchini Yachts! using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Zucchini Yachts!
- You need 1 of LARGE zucchini (or 3 smaller; halved and seeds removed).
- Prepare 2 of Hot Italian sausages (casing removed).
- It’s 1/4 cup of cooked rice.
- It’s 1 tsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/4 of Green pepper (diced).
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1/3 cup of tomato sauce.
- It’s of shredded mozzarella (or your choice of cheese).
Italian Zucchini Yachts! instructions
- "Baste" your zucchini with olive oil and sprinkle with 1 tbs of the Italian seasoning and set aside on a baking sheet..
- In a pan, brown the sausage and add onion, cook until onion is soft..
- Add the cooked rice,green pepper and tomato paste, mix/ cook for 2 min..
- Add your tomato sauce, the rest of the Italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Fill your zucchini "yachts"(or boats if your using smaller zucchinis) with the mixture..
- Top with shredded cheese, and bake in a 375°F oven for 30-35min. enjoy!!!.