Instant Pot "New World" Chicken Paprikash. Step-by-step how to make Instant Pot Chicken Paprikash. Turn on Instant Pot and press the SAUTE function. Pour in olive oil and add diced onion.
When the onion has translucent color, add in the chicken pieces. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. And when I saw some chicken leg quarters on sale, I knew I had to make up a batch of Instant Pot Chicken Paprikash. You can have Instant Pot "New World" Chicken Paprikash using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot "New World" Chicken Paprikash
- Prepare 1 (250 ml) of container of full fat sour creme.
- You need 5 of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed.
- It’s 2 strips of bacon.
- You need 1 of rib celery, minced.
- It’s 3 of roma tomatoes, minced.
- You need 1 of large vidalia onion, minced.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 3 tbsp of white flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream (or table cream).
- Prepare 1 of red pepper minced.
- Prepare 15 of white mushrooms, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of sweet paprika.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dried dill.
I'm normally a chicken breast kind of girl. No one in my family is a huge fan of meat on the bone. But stewed recipes really call for some meat on the bone. Chicken thighs, drumsticks, or chicken leg quarters.
Instant Pot "New World" Chicken Paprikash step by step
- Set instant pot to SAUTE function. Add bacon. Remove bacon when nearly cooked/crispy..
- Remove bacon. Keep bacon grease in pot. Add cubed chicken. Cook until golden brown. Remove from pot, remove liquid and save for further step.
- Keep instant pot on SAUTE. Add oil. Add mushrooms, celery, pepper, onion. Saute 10 minutes. Stir frequently to avoid burning..
- Add parika and garlic. Cook 4 minutes. Stir constantly! Make sure garlic does not burn..
- Mince reserved bacon. Add to pot with cooked chicken, reserved chicken liquid, and chicken stock. Add to pressure cooker..
- Add diced tomatoes. Saute another 3 minutes. Keep stirring..
- Cover instant pot, set to pressure cook for 25 minutes.
- Mix cream, sour cream, and flour in a mixing bowl. Wisk thoroughly so no clumps are seen. Set aside..
- After timer ends, remove pressure manually from pressure cooker. Slowly stir in flour/cream mixture. Wisk to prevent clumps..
- Let sit and thicken for about 20 minutes.
- Add dried dill. Mix well..
- Serve over pasta of your choice: i prefer Spaetzle or mini shells. Anything works at this point..
Chicken Paprikash, so easy and so good! All ingredients are listed through the video, feel free to change, add, and adjust as needed. Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. How to cook Chicken Paprikash in your Instant Pot pressure cooker. I love this pressure cooker chicken paprikash recipe because it works equally well as a quick weeknight recipe but at the same time it's fancy enough to serve to your dinner party guests.