Instant Pot Pulled Pork. Generously season the pork shoulder with kosher salt & ground black pepper. Ensure to coat oil over whole bottom of the pot. Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together.
A lot of pulled pork recipes start with a dry rub or brine, with the option to mix in BBQ sauce after cooking, but not this one. To keep it easy while getting lots of rich, smoky-sweet flavor, the pork gets cooked directly in the sauce. Instant Pot Pulled Pork is seasoned to perfection, and mouthwateringly tender! You can cook Instant Pot Pulled Pork using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- You need 1 of 1-2 lbs pork butt.
- Prepare of Pork dry rub.
- Prepare of Liquid smoke.
- Prepare 1 can of coca cola.
- You need 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 of large bottle of BBQ sauce.
Make this easy and super flavorful pulled pork using a pork loin roast and have your family's new favorite instant pot pork recipe on the table in an hour! This Instant Pot Pulled Pork is so easy, delicious, and takes less than half the time to make- start to finish- than making it in the oven! This pulled pork dish is a blend of a couple other recipes, made in the Instant Pot®. We had this on the Fourth of July, and it was a huge hit!
Instant Pot Pulled Pork step by step
- Pour some liquid smoke on the pork but then add a generous amount of dry rub on all sides of pork butt, wrap in foil/plastic baggie and refrigerate overnight..
- In a bowl combine 1 half bottle of BBQ sauce, the coca cola and the apple cider vinegar..
- Cut pork but into 3 pieces to fit in bottom of instant pot..
- Select sautee/brown function on instant pot. When done warming up add the pork butt and brown on both sides for 2 minutes each. (When done select stop on instant pot.).
- Add BBQ mixture in bowl to the instant pot over pork butt..
- Select the no steam/pressure cook nozzle. On instant pot lid..
- Seal the top in the locked position and select the meat function, make sure on high setting and adjust timer to 40 minutes..
Serve on warmed hamburger rolls, top with the thickened sauce, bread and butter pickles, or cole slaw as desired. Once all of the pork has been browned, turn the Instant Pot off. Try this delicious Southern Barbecue Pulled Pork Sliders recipe in your Instant Pot that's sure to be a big hit. Made with Instant Pot Souther BBQ sauce, pork shoulder and Hawaiian sweet rolls, your Instant Pot pressure cooker will pull together all the flavors to create a beautiful and tasty meal for you and your family. Try this Instant Pot sauce recipe!