Instant pot navy bean and ham soup. A fairly traditional navy bean and ham soup with instructions for making in an Instant Pot® cooker. I use a package of Hurst's® navy beans for this recipe but feel free to use any dry navy beans. Easy Ham and Bean Soup that's so full of flavor, you can't stop at just one bowl.
Our Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup has tremendous flavor and wonderful bean texture. Here's our complete list of all our popular-> pork recipes. How to Make Ham and Bean Soup in Pressure Cooker? You can cook Instant pot navy bean and ham soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant pot navy bean and ham soup
- Prepare Pkg of dried navy beans with ham flavor packet.
- You need 1 of Ham bone with meat.
- It’s of Water to cover.
- It’s 1 of onion diced.
- It’s 2 of carrots diced.
- You need 2 of celery stalks diced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of bacon grease and or butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s of I wash in cold and boil my beans three times on the stove before.
Drain soak water and rinse beans. Smoky ham and white bean soup made easy in the Instant Pot, no need to presoak the beans. I think my favorite thing to make in my Instant Pot so far, has been soup. I've made a lot of soups and my pressure cooker is my go-to for making chicken stock (or bone broth, if you prefer).
Instant pot navy bean and ham soup instructions
- Turn instant pot to saute, add bacon grease and/or butter; then saute onions, celery, and carrots until onion become opaque.
- Then add garlic powder, onion powder, and ham flavor packet and stir into veggies.
- Turn instant pot to pressure cook to high 35min. Add ham bone and meat, your rinsed and cleaned beans, and water until covering beans and bone completely. Close lid and cook.
- Once timer goes off stir ingredients well and then set pot to cooker on pressure cook low another 20-30 min..
- Once time goes off remove ham bone and residual meat from bone.
- Then serve and enjoy.
I am new to the instant pot. I followed the recipe exactly and it had a nice balance of broth to beans. The chili pepper gave it a nice color and added a little more flavor. Easy to make and I will make it again. Put navy beans, chicken broth, water, tomatoes, carrots, onion, and celery into an electric pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®).