Steamed Rice balls in Coconut Sauce / Pal Kozhukattai. Great recipe for Steamed Rice balls in Coconut Sauce / Pal Kozhukattai. For feb here are the challengers: North team's host Sanoli from Sanoli's. Delicious ammini Kozhukattai a savory steamed seasoned rice balls goes well as excellent snack or breakfast dishes.
In this recipe the small rice flour balls are first steamed and then tampered. I just add some jeeravan masala to make it little bit spicy. Coorg Style Kadumbuttu/Kadambuttu Recipe (Steamed Rice Balls Recipe) is a staple food in coorg which belongs to the Karnataka region. You can have Steamed Rice balls in Coconut Sauce / Pal Kozhukattai using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steamed Rice balls in Coconut Sauce / Pal Kozhukattai
- You need 1.5 Cups of Rice Flour …. ..
- You need 1 tablespoon of Maida … ..
- You need 2 Cups of Milk …. ..
- You need 1 1/2 Cups of Water … ..
- You need 1 Cup of Coconut Milk … ..
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Sugar .. ..
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Cardamom Powder … ..
- You need 2 tbsps of Coconut flakes … ..
- It’s pinch of Salt . a.
- You need of grease palms Oil to the ..
- Prepare of Equipment :.
- It’s of Steamer ..
- You need of rice Trays to steam balls ..
- Prepare of /. A large potsauce pan.
The dish is made from broken rice and coconut which is boiled till it becomes mushy and then shaped into round balls and steamed again to hold its shape. These are prepared in many of the special occasion in coorg. The rice flour dough is mixed in a similar manner to that of idiayappam and then small shapes are given to it and added to sweetened coconut milk sauce. Jaggery can also used instead of sugar.
Steamed Rice balls in Coconut Sauce / Pal Kozhukattai instructions
- Boil 1 1/2 cup of water, teaspoon of oil with Salt. Reduce the flame and add the flours and mix well with spoon. Switch off the flame and leave it for 3-5 mins. Apply oil on your hand and mix the dough well..
- Make a Soft Dough..
- Grease the palms with oil and make small balls from the dough..
- Keep in the oiled steamer tray and steam for about 10-12 min..
- In a sauce pan, heat the milk. Add sugar and stir until mized..
- Lower the steamed balls and let them cook until they float. Cook on a medium flame [This should take about 15 min..
- Once they float, add the coconut milk and the flakes..
- Cook until the sauce thickens..
- Once done, you may garnish with dry fruits if you desire..
- Serve warm or cold. Steamed rice balls Finished product with cardamom powder.
There is a Thai dessert too that has more or less the same ingredients and is called 'Buo Loy'. Take rice flour in a bowl and add in water. Mix well so it forms into a smooth batter. Heat a nonstick kadai and pour this batter in it. To make homemade rice flour, the rice is washed and spread on a kitchen towel and allowed to dry, after which it is ground to flour.