Vegetarian sausage gravy. First of all, the Biscuit Recipe can be found here…. Now, with the biscuits out of the way…what about that Sausage?. It's just like making the crumbles for my Cauliflower Tacos.
This Biscuits and Vegetarian Sausage Gravy recipe puts a surprising but delicious twist on a classic Southern breakfast. Vegetarian sausage has a firmer texture than pork sausage. Crumbling it helps distribute it evenly throughout the gravy. You can have Vegetarian sausage gravy using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian sausage gravy
- It’s 7 of morning star sausage links.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 packages of vegetable bouillon cube.
- It’s 1 of add salt and pepper to taste.
I found a vegan sausage that I added to a traditional southern style peppery gravy. By far the best gravy I have made! Sausage gravy and biscuits is a classic Southern comfort breakfast dish that I used to make pretty regularly early in my marriage. We would get the store-bought packets of country gravy, Pillsbury biscuits, and Jimmy Dean sausage.
Vegetarian sausage gravy instructions
- cook morning star sausage in skillet according to package direction..
- once cooked throughly, break sausage into pieces. this can ne done using a wooden spoon or fork..
- add butter and flour to the skillet. stir over medium heat until flour is dissolved..
- add the bouillon cube and break it up as much as possible..
- gradually add milk, salt, and pepper. keep the heat at medium..
- continue stirring until a low boil. at this point the gravy will thicken..
- if the gravy is too thin for your liking, add more flour a tablespoon at a time. if too thick add milk a couple tablespoons at a time..
- note: the gravy thickens as it cools, and it's wonderful on biscuits.
Not healthy in the slightest – and definitely not vegan. It was a dish I gave up after. Blend the remaining ingredients, except sausage or griller crumbles until creamy, adding the flour at the end of blending(add flour slowly, whisking continually, so as not to get lumps. This recipe is almost exactly like making traditional biscuits and gravy, except MorningStar Farms veggie sausage patties are substituted in for the sausage. These are the only vegetarian sausage patties that I eat.