Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan). In Tunisia, we often cook it on Eid Al Adha day. Tunisian couscous my way Any veggie that you happen to have in the fridge can be used :D. Add tomatoe puree, spices and harissa and coat the onions in the spicey mixture and add the chicken pieces and stir to cover chicken and cook for a further two minutes beiung careful not too burn the spice mixture.
Basically, no animal-derived foods are used in this soup. However, some people add chicken o. See great recipes for Leafy Kale (Kale leaf mallum), Chicken leafy vege soup too! You can have Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan) using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan)
- Prepare 1 of + 2 yellow onions.
- You need 1 of veggie soup square.
- It’s 100 g of couscous.
- It’s 100 g of fresh spinach or other leafy greens.
- Prepare 70 g of golden raisins.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tunisian spice mix.
- You need 4 of yellow peppers.
- You need 2 of fresh tomatoes.
- It’s 6 tbsp of tomatoe puree.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Oregano to tast.
- You need 1 of eggplant.
- You need 4 of carrots.
- You need 3 of potatoes.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sunflower oil.
Couscous is a staple in most Maghreb cuisines. It is known as the national dish in Tunisia, but also in Algeria and Morocco, as well as Mauritania and Libya. Tunisian couscous is one of the countless variations of this delicious and versatile dish. It is thought that the original name of couscous (Arabic: كسكس) could have come from the Arabic word kaskasa, which means 'to pound in small.
Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan) step by step
- Peel the onions and cut one of them in little squares. Start frying this onion on the sunflower oil and when it starts to get transparent add the spinach ot other leafy greens and add the tomatoe puree. Cook until the spinach becomes soft. Then add 4 cups of water..
- Add the tunisian spice mix, add the peeled veggies: cut the potatoes into big squares, cut the carrots into 4 pieces, cut the eggplant in big squares, cut the tomatoe in big squares too..
- Also add those onions that we left in one piece at the beginning. Also add the soup square and the yellow peppers cut into slices.Add the oregano and salt to taste..
- Next take the "upper part" of the couscous cooking pot and add the couscous, pour a mugful of hot water on it and add the olive oil. Stir to combine..
- Also stir the veggies in the down part of pot also. Put the top part on top of down part and steam the couscous till soft..
- Stir both parts of pot from time to time and add more hot water to couscous if it seems dry..
- Serve the veggie sauce on top of couscous and also add raisins on top. Let me know if you tried this recipe..
In a medium saucepan, bring the water (or broth), salt, butter, and oil to a boil. Stir in the couscous, cover tightly with a lid, and remove from heat. Itâ€™s a staple dish in Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, and Western Libya, having Amazigh (Berber) origins. Its popularity stretches into Egypt, the Middle East, and Europe as well. Couscous is Tunisiaâ€™s unofficial national dish.