Spicy pork and holy basil. This pad kra pao (pork & holy basil-stir-fry) features a key ingredient: holy basil! Mince the garlic and chillies together. Spicy minced pork basil , this is a quick and easy thai style dish that you can make as spicy as you like more chiili if you like spicy or less if not full.
Holy basil doesn't stay fresh (or green) long in the refrigerator. Add the holy basil and toss until just wilted. Holy basil (called 'bai grapao' in Thai) is also known as hot or spicy basil. You can cook Spicy pork and holy basil using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy pork and holy basil
- It’s 200 g of sliced pork.
- Prepare 6-8 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 9-10 of chilies.
- You need 3 tsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of holy basil leaves*.
- You need 1 of crispy fried egg.
- Prepare of Some slices of cucumber.
It can be found at Asian or Thai-specialty grocery stores. Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Spicy Pork Holy Basil On Top. Tuhansia uusia ja laadukkaita kuvia joka päivä. This Thai basil pork recipe is easy and slightly spicy and made with ground pork, fish sauce, soy sauce, garlic, shallots, Thai chiles, and basil.
Spicy pork and holy basil instructions
- Prepare the ingredients like in the picture. Use a mortar and pestle to pound the garlic and chilies paste. Set aside for later..
- Make a stir-fry sauce by combining the oyster sauce, fish sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Set a side for later. Separate the holy basil only its leaves..
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan over high heat. Add garlic and chili paste and cook for 30 seconds. Then add the pork and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until the pork is cooked. Add the stir-fry sauce and stir-fry until well combined..
- Now toss through the holy basil and remove from the heat..
- To serve, add the rice in serving plate and add the spicy pork on a side. Serve with a crispy fried egg and sliced cucumber. *Notes: If you can’t find Thai holy basil. Use Italian basil or sweet basil. *Use less chili for a milder dish.
As the author explains, Thai basil pork is traditionally made with the jagged leaves of holy basil (bai gkaprow), which is native to Asia. Stir fried oyster with basil leaves on dish Stir Fried Spicy Spaghetti With Pork (Thai Food) Stir fried spicy noodle with pork and straw mushroom. This flavourful and spicy Thai stir-fry featuring holy basil is a classic. Can be made with chicken, pork or beef and served with a fried egg! Pad Gaprao (Pad Kra Pao) ผัดกะเพรา Chicken Stir-Fry with Holy Basil.