Instant pot Vegan, oil free mujadra. Make life easier with Instant Pot, the programmable pressure & multi cooker. Instant Pot Mujadara – a comforting, healthy vegetarian meal of lentils and rice, with fragrant Moroccan spices, served with caramelized shallots, fresh veggies, pine nuts and optional yogurt. To make this on the stove top…see recipe notes.
Instant Pot Mujadara (Mujaddara) – A signature Middle Eastern dish made with lentils and rice and garnished with crispy fried onions! It is gluten-free, vegan and one of the most comforting one pot meal! It is one of the favorite Vegetarian side dishes and it is a protein-rich filling meal. You can have Instant pot Vegan, oil free mujadra using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant pot Vegan, oil free mujadra
- Prepare 1.5 cup of brown lentils.
- It’s 3/4 cup of brown rice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of 7 spices.
- Prepare 2 cups of organic bouillon.
- Prepare 4 of medium size onions cut in thin wings.
- It’s 4 of medium size onions thinly cut in dices.
- You need 3 cups of water.
Instant Pot Mujadara Lentils and Rice – a humble, hearty, protein packed side or vegetarian main, made with lentils, rice and veggies. Cooked to perfection – no mushy lentils or rice. Imagine the goodness of grains, legumes and veggies in one bowl, garnish it with caramelized onions and parsley and serve with salad or yogurt. Place the oil and onions into a medium saucepan.
Instant pot Vegan, oil free mujadra instructions
- I love eating a good mjaddra, especially coming from Lebanon, we used to have this dish at least once a week, well prepared by my mom. This version is modified to make it healthier, without any oil, and more digestive, by using an instant pot. When you cook beans in an instant pot, they become much easier to digest in l. I also did not use any salt, but you can either use it by adding a little up to you taste once the dish is on your plate, or use a salt free mix like mrs. Dash..
- I started by Dicing the onions really thin, add them to the instant pot, adding 1 cup of bouillon and 3 cups of water, then washing the rice and lentil for 5 times minimum, it is preferable to soak them for at least 30 minutes as well. I then added the 7 spices, clean rice and lentils in the instant pot, mixed spices well with a spoon km and cooked them for 11 minutes..
- I started sauteing the onions wings in a pan over the stove on medium fire and gradually adding the 1 cup of bouillon, this process takes a long time without oil, so grab your favourite podcast, a nice cup of kombucha, (see my other recipe) and be ready to spend at least 30 minutes doing it..
- Once the mjaddra is cooked, take it out of the instant pot, garnish it with the caramelized onions, favourite salt and Bon appetit..
Toss a few times to coat the onions and place the pot over medium low heat. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the garlic and onions. This is one of my favorite Instant Pot recipes to throw together in a pinch with things I have in my freezer and cupboard! It's so simple and easy, you won't believe how tasty it is.