Homemade Yogurt (in an Instant Pot). Pour Milk Into Your Instant Pot. Select yogurt setting; adjust pressure to boil. Milk – Whole Milk yields the thickest yogurt.; Yogurt Starter – any brand of yogurt with just milk and live cultures.
Yogurt is a delicious and nutritious food that people of all ages can enjoy. You can feed your baby plain whole milk yogurt, either store-bought or homemade, from the age of six to provide them with much-needed nutrition and help digestion as well. People who are lactose intolerant can also have yogurt because the active cultures in yogurt negate the lactose in milk. You can have Homemade Yogurt (in an Instant Pot) using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Yogurt (in an Instant Pot)
- Prepare 6 cup of Milk (whole, 2%, 1%, skim).
- Prepare 8 oz of Yogurt Starter or Fresh Yogurt.
- You need 1 of Flavored Extract or Vanilla Beans.
How to Make Homemade Yogurt in an Instant Pot provides the recipe and full instructions to make creamy or thick, strained Greek yogurt using a pressure cooker. For the cold start method, you will need a starter with live cultures, Fairlife milk, and jars to store your yogurt. This DIY tutorial can't get any easier! You can also make it easily with fat free yogurt.
Homemade Yogurt (in an Instant Pot) step by step
- Place 6-cups milk (any kind) in the Instant Pot pot. You can put the milk in jars, or loose in the pot – which is the way I have written the directions.) Press "Yogurt then "adjust" to "more" mode when you see the word "boil" on the display. You can keep the lid off. The pot will boil the milk to 180°F, and will beep and display "yogt" when it reaches the proper temperature..
- Let it cool to 115°F. I place the pot in the refrigerator for about 30-minutes. Keep the Instant Pot on the setting..
- Add yogurt starter or fresh (store bought) yogurt. Do not use your last homemade. Mix the yogurt with some of the hot milk until it is smooth..
- At this stage, I add any extract or vanilla beans. Put the top on..
- Press the "yogurt" function key and adjust the time setting using the "+" key. It takes about 12-hours..
- When done the pot will beep and the display will go to "standby.".
I've been making my own yogurt for years, the instant pot yogurt setting was a Godsend. Despite the fact that the Instant Pot's user manual includes instructions for how to make yogurt in the machine, the huge number of yogurt-specific questions posed daily in online forums reveals rampant confusion. So, I borrowed a friend's Instant Pot to make several batches of yogurt, note-taking all the way. Making Yogurt Using the "Inner Pot" Instant Pot Yogurt: Step by step directions for making yogurt in an electric pressure cooker. Includes directions for nonfat, full fat and Greek yogurt.