Instant pot Red Kuri Squash Soup with roasted fennel. Close the lid and vent to seal. Add the onion, fennel and butternut squash. Drizzle with a little more oil and toss to coat.
Red kuri squash is a popular ingredient in France, where it is known as potimarron because its flesh has a slightly nutty quality that is reminiscent of the chestnut (marron, in French). In this recipe shared by The Cook's Atelier, a cooking school and epicurean center in Beaune, France, it is roasted to bring out its sweet, nutty flavor before it is pureed into a velvety cold soup with a. Pressure Cooker Butternut Squash Soup As soon as the weather starts to turn at the start of fall, Butternut Squash Soup is one of my FAVORITE dishes to enjoy. You can cook Instant pot Red Kuri Squash Soup with roasted fennel using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant pot Red Kuri Squash Soup with roasted fennel
- It’s 4 cups of cubed red kuri squash, peeled.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, diced.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of marjoram, dry.
- Prepare 1 of medium fennel bulb, cored and sliced.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- It’s of evoo.
Instant Pot Red Curry Kuri Squash Soup. This soup has double apple flavoring and a touch of curry powder. The addition of coconut milk makes it rich, while using coconut water adds flavor but keeps the soup lighter. The topping takes it a big step beyond ordinary.
Instant pot Red Kuri Squash Soup with roasted fennel step by step
- Heat oven to 375..
- Heat IP on saute. Saute diced onion in EVOO until tender.
- Press cancel.
- Add cubed squash, water, bay leaf, marjoram, salt, and pepper..
- Close the lid and vent to seal. Cook high pressure for 15 minutes..
- Meanwhile, toss sliced fennel with EVOO and salt & pepper. Place on baking sheet..
- Roast fennel for 20 min, stirring halfway through..
- Once Instant Pot finishes, quick pressure release. Remove the bay leaf..
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup..
- Serve, and garnish with roasted fennel..
The history of my recipe for Roasted Red Kuri squash with Fennel and Onion: We stopped in at Whole Foods earlier this week, which is never a good thing for my wallet. I knew I was done for when we walked around a beautiful display of organic winter squash. There were several varieties that were new to me. Turn the Instant Pot off for a moment, then add the butternut squash, salt, and water into the pot. Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Cashew Sour Cream.