Home made Romesco sauce (Vegan). What is romesco sauce made of? Coming from the Catalonia region of Spain, it's a quick blend of roasted red pepper, tomatoes, lemon, garlic, almond butter, spices, and olive oil. Romesco sauce tastes creamy, rich, and a bit smoky, while being so much healthier than most sauces that taste this decadent!
I hope you love this oil-free romesco sauce, please make it and come back and rate it! Shake the pan often to turn them. Tip out and leave to cool. You can cook Home made Romesco sauce (Vegan) using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Home made Romesco sauce (Vegan)
- You need 4 of red bell peppers or other type of red pepper (not hot).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 slices of white bread.
- It’s 50 g of almonds.
- You need 20 g of nuts.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s to taste of Spanish smoked paprika dust or hungarian sweet paprika.
- Prepare 3 tsp of rice vinegar.
- Prepare to taste of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of fresh tomatoe.
To round out the sauce you'll need a pinch of salt, a little olive oil, lemon juice, and a pinch of red pepper flake — that's it. I think romesco is so charming because it can be made virtually any time of year with ingredients you likely have on hand right now. Gluten Free, Vegan, and Oil-Free, it's perfect over pasta or with roasted veggies. You'll find a multitude of uses for this flavorful Spanish condiment.
Home made Romesco sauce (Vegan) instructions
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds. Cut the tomatoe in half. Put olive oil on the bread slices, and put all of these on a sheet pan. Sprinkle with olive oil and bake until the bread becomes a toast, and the pepper peels start to become black..
- Wait for the peppers to cool and then peel them. You can peel the tomatoe also..
- In a food mixer mix the bread with the veggies, adding olive oil and the nuts and almond and paprika powder. Add salt if u like. Also add the smashed garlic cloves and the rice vinegar..
- Your romesco is now ready. You can eat it right away or store it in the fridge, it keeps well. Let me know if you tried this recipe :D.
Earthy, smoky and deep, it's made with simple ingredients you probably already have on hand. Easy, vegan and gluten-free, this recipe is very simple! This robust and flavorful sauce, called Romesco, is made with roasted peppers, onions, garlic and hazelnuts ( or almonds) and goes with so many things! I came across a recipe for homemade romesco sauce a few years ago in a magazine. It looked incredible, but it was a traditional recipe that had lots of steps.