Spicy Italian Zucchini Soup. This recipe was given to me by my neighbor. Nice and simple, it's a good way to use a lot of your zucchini and other garden vegetables. It freezes well and is great to have on hand on a cold winter day.
Serve it either hot or chilled, garnished with julienned zucchini. The soup can be refrigerated overnight. This recipe for Italian Sausage Zucchini Soup originally came from Hope Murphy's mother, Carol, who discovered it many decades ago in the food section of the Springfield (Massachusetts) Republican and adapted it over the years. You can cook Spicy Italian Zucchini Soup using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Italian Zucchini Soup
- It’s 1 lb of Bulk spicy Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 cup of Chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 cup of Celery.
- It’s 1 medium of Green pepper chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Of each of the following basil dried oregano and pepper.
- You need 1 quart of Canned tomatoes cut up.
- You need 1 can of Tomato juice.
- It’s 4 cup of Diced zucchini.
- You need 1 of Grated Parmesan cheese.
Italian Zucchini Pesto Soup Additions & Variations: Creamier? cool the soup slightly, then puree it in batches prior to serving. Fewer Points? substitute cauliflower florets for the potatoes and use less oil in the pesto. Use Soup Recipes to find more recipes like this one. Click here to PIN this tasty Italian Sausage Soup so you can make it later!
Spicy Italian Zucchini Soup instructions
- In Dutch oven brown the sausage with onion, drain excess fat. Add The next 9 ingredients, cover and simmer one hour. Stir in zucchini and simmer 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
- If to thick add water.
If it's starting to get a little cold where you are and you happen to have some zucchini, I highly recommend this as a good soup to help. Made this soup today with both zucchini and cauliflower. Creamy Italian Potato and Zucchini Soup – An easy soup that's comforting, warming and packed full of flavour. I love to make this creamy zucchini soup for a quick lunch or light dinner with lots of crusty bread for dunking. The spicy Italian sausage cuts through often one-note lentils, adding depth of flavor and extra soul to this soup recipe.