Simply Southern Smothered Cube Steak. Great recipe for Simply Southern Smothered Cube Steak. This is just a pure comforting meal. Steaks are so tender and basically makes its own gravy!!
She made the BEST smothered steak. Reconnecting when I was adult, she cooked her infamous dish from memory, but I watched and recreated to paper. This is just a pure comforting meal. You can have Simply Southern Smothered Cube Steak using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simply Southern Smothered Cube Steak
- It’s 1 Pound of Tenderized Cube Steak.
- It’s 1 Cup of Ap Flour + 3 Tablespoons Reserved.
- Prepare of Garlic Salt.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Seasoning Salt.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Cracked Black Pepper.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil + Extra Oil for Frying.
- Prepare 1 of Large Onion Sliced.
- It’s 2 Cloves of Garlic Minced.
- It’s 2 of Beef Bouillon Cubes.
- It’s 2 Cups of Water.
Steaks are so tender and basically makes its own gravy!! Mushrooms are an excellent addition to this dish. Cube Steak & Gravy with Onions So basically, it's country fried steak and gravy that you cook in the oven on a lower temperature for a couple hours.
Simply Southern Smothered Cube Steak step by step
- Mix together ap flour, seasoning salt, and pepper. Lightly season both sides of steak with garlic salt and pepper. Dredge cube steaks in flour mixture and set aside. Reserve 3 tablespoons of the ap flour mixture..
- Heat up enough oil to cover the bottom of your trying pan over medium high heat. Add cube steaks and brown both sides. Approximately 5 minutes both sides..
- Remove steaks, and add onion slices to lightly caramelize, approximately 7-10 minutes. Add Minced Garlic during the last minute. Remove onion slices from pan and set aside. This step is completely optional..
- Add your 3 tablespoons of flour and oil to the hot pan. Stirring constantly until well mixed and slightly brown. Next add your water, bouillon cubes, steaks, and onions to the pan. Bring to a low simmer. Taste to adjust salt and pepper if necessary. Cover and let simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until steaks are very tender. Note: I like to mix the bouillon cubes and water together beforehand. You can easily substitute beef stock as well..
- Serve with mashed potatoes makes an excellent comforting meal. Enjoy.
Cube steak and gravy is one of my favorite comfort food meals. These steaks are fork tender, savory, and delicious (and easy too)! These steaks are fork tender, savory, and delicious (and easy too)! This cubed steak recipe was one of the first dishes I shared here, and boy do we love it. Cubed Steak with Onion Gravy is a quick and easy meal that is an economical way to serve beef to your family.