Instant Pot, shredded beef enchiladas. These (Instant Pot) Pressure Cooker Shredded Beef Enchiladas are sure to be a family favorite. Featuring pressure cooker shredded beef, these enchiladas are then wrapped in a soft flour tortilla, covered in a not-too-spicy sauce and Mexican cheese, and baked in an oven until golden brown and gooey. I've had my Instant Pot for just over a month and I am in LOVE with it!
I was a little nervous to try it out because I DO NOT like new things. But my husband surprised me for my birthday so I. While you could do all sorts of things with Instant Pot shredded beef, I am starting with these spicy beef enchiladas because, well, I was in the mood for something warm and filling, yet spicy and a bit on the Southwestern flavor side of things. You can cook Instant Pot, shredded beef enchiladas using 13 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot, shredded beef enchiladas
- It’s 3 lbs of beef chuck roast, cut into 6 pieces.
- You need 2 Tbls of Extra virgin Olive oil.
- Prepare of Cumin.
- You need of Chili powder.
- It’s 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of beef broth.
- It’s leaf of Bay.
- It’s 10 of corn tortillas.
- It’s 28 oz of can red enchilada sauce.
- It’s 2.25 oz of can sliced olives.
- You need 8 oz of shredded Mexican cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 of white onion, diced.
- Prepare of avocado and sour cream for topping.
These beef enchiladas are also a great meal to take to someone who is sick, just had a baby, or. Beef Enchiladas with tender shredded beef, melted cheese, and smothered in red sauce are easy to make with this delicious dinner recipe!. This tasty Mexican meal is made with Instant Pot Shredded beef that is flavorful and tender. Plus, after years of making homemade enchiladas, I've discovered how to make them super easy to roll while still tasting the most delicious!
Instant Pot, shredded beef enchiladas instructions
- Select sauté on the Instant pot. Add Olive oil..
- Brown beef on all sides, add garlic to brown with the beef..
- Add cumin and chili powder to taste..
- Press cancel..
- Add beef broth and bay leaf..
- Close lid, vent to seal. Press manual and cook high pressure for 90 minutes. Allow a full natural pressure release when finished..
- Remove beef and place in a large dish to cool. When cool enough to handle, shred beef and remove obvious fat..
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sauté diced onion until tender..
- Heat corn tortillas. I wrap all 10 in a clean towel and microwave for 1 minute..
- Unwrap towel and allow tortillas to cool until you are able to handle them..
- Put about 3/4 cups enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch pan..
- Assemble enchiladas according to the amounts you like. Beef, onion, cheese. (Reserve 1/2 cup of cheese for the top)..
- Pour remaining sauce on top of the assembled pan of enchiladas..
- Top with cheese and olives..
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 40 minutes..
- Remove tinfoil and bake for an additional 10 minutes..
- Serve with sourcream, avocados, guacamole, refried beans….etc!.
Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Casserole comes together in no time and is packed with flavor! Pour remaining enchilada sauce over rolled enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. Shredded beef enchiladas are a delicious dinner meal, but they can be time consuming. Thankfully the Instant Pot can cut down on several hours worth of work and make your effort well worth it. With tender fall apart beef roast within an hour and homemade enchilada sauce being made at the same time, you know dinner is easy and delicious!