Instant pot corned beef and vegetables. Rinse the corned beef under cold water to remove excess salt and gel. Put the seasoning packet, beef broth, onion and garlic in to the pressure cooking pot. Put a rack in the pressure cooking pot.
Close the lid and vent to seal. Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage is easy to make, tender and delicious! The Instant Pot makes this meal in a fraction of the time (and all in one pot)! You can have Instant pot corned beef and vegetables using 6 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant pot corned beef and vegetables
- You need 1 of Flat cut corned beef.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 5 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 of medium head cabbage, quartered.
- Prepare 4 of medium carrots, large section pieces.
- It’s 4 of large red potatoes, halved.
Not only is corned beef brisket a star on St. Patrick's Day, but it makes for a hearty entrée all-year-round, especially on these chilly winter days! Corned beef used to be a weekend only treat for me due to how long it took to cook, until I discovered the Instant Pot®. Save yourself time and hassle by letting your Instant Pot® do all of the work for you, and in a fraction of the time.
Instant pot corned beef and vegetables step by step
- Place trivet in the bottom of IP, along with 5 cups water.
- Place corned beef in, fat side up. A.
- Add the included packet of spices, and chopped garlic..
- Closed the lid and vent to seal..
- Select manual and adjust the time to 110 minutes..
- Allow a full natural pressure release. (Typically takes around 30 minutes)..
- Once depressurized, open lid. Then carefully place meat into a dish that can be covered. Let rest for the entire time it takes to cook veges..
- Dump all but 1 1/2 cups of liquid from the Instant pot. Leave the trivet inside..
- Place the prepared veges in the pot, starting with potatoes, then carrots, and cabbage on top..
- Close the lid and vent to seal..
- Press steam and adjust the time to 4 minutes. (Do 5 min if you like your veges done more).
- Once finished, quick release pressure..
- Cut corned beef against the grain, in thin slices..
- Serve with mustard and beer of course!.
Making Instant Pot Corned Beef Brisket is so easy and also tenderizes the brisket faster thanks to pressure cooking. A special twist gives great flavor and tenderizes it further: cooking the Instant Pot Corned Beef in beer!. Though not a traditional Irish recipe to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, it is a popular American recipe for the holiday and for good reason! The Instant Pot pressure cooker is a fast and easy way to make a complete corned beef and cabbage meal.