Instant pot Potato Salad. This Pressure Cooker Potato Salad Recipe is so easy you'll fall in love with making potato salad again. Cooking the eggs and potatoes together in an InstaPot, and you'll get quick, perfectly cooked eggs and potatoes every time. This is the best Instant Pot potato salad recipe!.
Cook the potatoes & eggs together at the same time with no extra rack or bowl. So rich & addictive to eat that friends will beg for your secrets! 😉 Chop the potatoes into cubes. Potato salad can be frozen, but the quality isn't as good after defrosting. You can have Instant pot Potato Salad using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Instant pot Potato Salad
- Prepare 3 lbs of baby red potatoes, peeled, 1" dice.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 2 cup of mayo.
- Prepare 2 cup of celery.
- It’s 2/3 cup of green onions, mostly green tops, sliced.
- Prepare 2 tsp of mustard seed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of celery seed.
- You need 1 tsp of season salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 4 tbls of white vinegar.
Rather than freeze the finished potato salad, it's a better idea to freeze the plain cooked potato chunks. Once they're defrosted, steam them briefly to heat them up, then add the remaining ingredients. This Instant Pot potato salad really couldn't be easier to. HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT POTATO SALAD.
Instant pot Potato Salad instructions
- Wash, Peel and Cut potatoes, 1" dice.
- Add 1 cup water to the instant pot and place steamer basket inside. Add diced potatoes and place eggs on top of potatoes, lid on, seal the vent, and steam 8 minutes..
- Quick release the steam. Allow potatoes to cool completely. Place the eggs in a bowl of ice water for 5 min. Peel and chop, then allow to cool more if still warm..
- Mix remaining ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Add cooled, chopped eggs..
- See mom tip….
- In a large bowl, add potatoes, then pour dressing on top. Gently stir until all potatoes are covered..
- Let potato salad chill overnight in the fridge.
- Mom tip: if you find yourself making this potato salad at 10 pm because that's the only time you have alone, and the potatoes are not cooled, I like to make the dressing, but keep it separate from the warm potatoes. Place both in the fridge overnight, then mix in the morning. It will still meld and be wonderful for lunch. 😉.
To make sure that your potato salad is super creamy, use a creamy type of potatoes. That's white potatoes or Yukon gold. Start by washing and peeling the potatoes, then dice into medium-sized cubes. This classic potato salad is a summer staple, perfect for barbecues and pot lucks! And I have added a little bonus tip: my method for cooking the eggs and potatoes together in the Instant Pot. 😎👌🏻.