Instant Pot: Cajun Chicken. Cajun Instant Pot Chicken and Rice is a flavorful one pot meal! Another great, easy weeknight dinner made with your pressure cooker and jasmine rice. I'm constantly blown away by my pressure cooker and what it can do in such a short amount of time.
Perfect for busy weeknights and leftovers make amazing lunches. Instant Pot Pasta Cajun Chicken Alfredo Tips. Use freshly shredded parmesan cheese for smooth melting. You can have Instant Pot: Cajun Chicken using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot: Cajun Chicken
- You need 3-4 of medium sized chicken breasts.
- It’s 2 of red bell peppers.
- It’s 2 of green bell peppers.
- Prepare 2 cups of brown rice.
- You need 2 1/4 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 of chicken boullion cubes.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 3 Tbsp of melted butter.
- It’s of Minced garlic.
- It’s of Dry cajun seasoning.
- Prepare of Taco seasoning.
- You need of Roasted garlic & bell pepper seasoning.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & pepper.
A microplane is the best tool for finely shredded parmesan cheese. Add warmed heavy cream after the pasta has cooked to avoid overfilling the Instant Pot and spray from the vent release. Instant Pot Cajun Chicken is one of the BEST, most flavorful recipes that you will ever make in the Instant Pot. The chicken is cooked with a variety of seasonings that gives it that authentic Cajun flavor.
Instant Pot: Cajun Chicken step by step
- Set instant pot to sauté. While waiting for it to get hot, cut chicken breasts (in thirds) and bell peppers..
- Toss chicken in butter, coat with desired amounts of dry seasonings (The more cajun the better)..
- Put bullion cubes in 2 1/4 cups water and microwave for 2 minutes. Crush cubes with fork and stir. (Alternative option: use 2 1/4 cups chicken broth – I just prefer to make my own!).
- Sauté minced garlic in oil in instant pot for 2 mins..
- Turn sauté mode off. Add brown rice and chicken broth to pot. Stir in tomato paste and 1 Tbsp cajun seasoning..
- Lay peppers then chicken breasts over rice. Sprinkle additional cajun and taco seasonings on top..
- Using manual setting on instant pot, set pressure to High. Adjust time to 25 minutes..
- Once time is up, let sit for 10 mins. then move top switch to venting and let pressure out quickly..
- Shred chicken with fork, stir, and enjoy!.
You can adjust the heat level based on your preference by adding more or less of cayenne ground pepper. This Instant Pot Cajun Whole Chicken is easy to cook in the Instant Pot. The chicken comes out of the Instant Pot tasting delicious and juicy. Using the Instant Pot to cook the chicken is a game changer for getting the food on the dinner table quick and easy. This recipe is similar to Louisiana's jambalaya dish, but it takes the Instant Pot or one-dish meals to another level.