Instant Pot: THE BEST Shredded Chicken for Tacos. Make life easier with Instant Pot, the programmable pressure & multi cooker. These are the BEST easy Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos, hands down. You can even use frozen chicken breasts or thighs, and use a crockpot instead!
In addition to slashing the shredded chicken's cook time, the Instant Pot's sauté function made it a one-step snap to brown the chicken before cooking it, which had a profound, positive impact on its final flavor, as did sautéing the onions and spices. Even picky eaters LOVE these Instant Pot Chicken Tacos. You can make these Chicken Tacos with fresh or frozen chicken. You can have Instant Pot: THE BEST Shredded Chicken for Tacos using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot: THE BEST Shredded Chicken for Tacos
- You need 3 of large chicken breasts.
- You need 8 oz of Ortega Green Taco Sauce.
- Prepare 8 oz of Ortega Mild Taco Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 4 Tbsp of McCormicks Premium Taco Seasoning.
- You need 1 Tbsp of dry garlic seasoning.
- You need 2 Tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Chicken Taco Meat Shredded chicken for tacos made simple thanks to the Instant Pot®. Salsa Chicken Tacos are one of the easiest dinners you can make, and yet they are still perfectly flavorful and everyone will love them! This recipe includes methods for both the Slow Cooker and Instant Pot, so use the one that works for the equipment you have. This is the best basic Instant Pot Shredded Chicken <- if you're looking for juicy, delicious chicken with a great all-purpose seasoning blend that is awesome for your weekend meal prep!.
Instant Pot: THE BEST Shredded Chicken for Tacos instructions
- Set instant pot on Sauté, add olive oil and minced garlic once hot. Let cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add half of each sauce (red and green taco sauce) to pot. Stir in tomato paste and 1 Tbsp taco seasoning..
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter. Coat chicken breasts in butter, salt, pepper, dry garlic seasoning, and 1 Tbsp taco seasoning and set in pot..
- Add to pot: remaining red and green sauces, 2 Tbsp taco seasoning, and 2 Tbsp butter..
- Cover and cook on high pressure (Manual setting) for 25 minutes. Allow steam/pressure to release on its own (or vent quickly if you're low on time)..
- Open pot, remove half of the liquid, shred chicken with fork, and stir in last tbsp taco seasoning. (Save some of the liquid if you prefer saucier chicken!).
- Enjoy with tacos, burritos, nachos, etc!.
Variations on these Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos: These Instant Pot Chicken Tacos are naturally gluten and dairy free, just be sure to check your labels and pay attention to what you serve alongside. This easy Instant Pot Chicken Tacos uses shredded chicken and taco seasoning for a delicious and quick meal. Place chicken in taco shells or for a low-carb option, create a taco bowl. Taco Tuesday will never look the same again. When making these tacos, you have the option of either cooking the shredded chicken in either an Instant Pot or in a Crock-Pot.