Mexi Queso Chicken & Rice. This Queso Chicken Skillet has the potential to become your families new favorite weeknight dinner. Creamy queso melted together with tender chicken, diced chilis and tomatoes, all mixed into tasty yellow rice create the perfect cheesy dinner. Skillet meals are the perfect easy addition to your weeknight menu.
Even better, if you're trying to watch your carbs or are following a keto diet, you can enjoy this dish guilt-free. When I say this meal is easy, I mean it! Queso Chicken Bake – chicken spiced up with Southwestern spices and smothered with chopped tomatoes, green chiles, Queso sauce, topped with Cheddar (or Monterey Jack) cheese on top. You can cook Mexi Queso Chicken & Rice using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mexi Queso Chicken & Rice
- It’s 4 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s of Mexi seasonings of choice: Mrs. Dash Spicy, cumin, chili powder.
- Prepare of garlic powder, black pepper, ground red pepper.
- It’s 1 pkg. of Spanish Style Rice, or your favorite kind, or homemade.
- It’s of Queso:.
- You need 2 Tbsp. of flour.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of butter.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese, not pre-packaged!.
- Prepare of Couple quick dashes of ground red pepper & black pepper.
Are you ready to give Taco Tuesday a kick in the pants this week? This Crock Pot Queso Chicken Recipe is like having a fiesta celebration on a plate! It's the perfect blend of spice and zing drowning in cheesy liquid gold! After visiting Mexico a few times, I fell in love with all of the flavors found in Mexican food.
Mexi Queso Chicken & Rice instructions
- Cook rice according to package directions; keep warm..
- Cook chicken breasts seasoned with seasonings of choice. Keep warm..
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter..
- Stir in flour until clumped..
- Slowly whisk in milk until lumps are dissolved..
- Add in seasonings and cheese..
- Stir until smooth and thickened..
- Set up plating station..
Skillet Chicken con Queso is the ultimate one pot meal! Cheesy rice loaded with cilantro, pico de gallo, green chiles, and cream topped with taco spiced chicken. This one pan chicken skillet recipe is so cheesy, easy, and amazing. I used to always order Pollo con Queso at Mexican Restaurants and now I can easily make it at home. What to Serve with Queso Chicken Tacos.