Tomato Basil Bruschetta. Chopped fresh tomatoes with garlic, basil, olive oil, and vinegar, served on toasted slices of French or Italian bread. My first culinary "success." This recipe came from a great book _Cucina Amore_, and is. Place the bread on a cookie sheet and top with tomato mixture.
The classic Italian antipasto is so quick and easy to put together and packed with loads of fresh flavours. You can make classic tomato-basil bruschetta at home with simple, fresh ingredients. Gorgeous tomato bruschetta with fresh basil and quality olive oil. You can cook Tomato Basil Bruschetta using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Bruschetta
- Prepare 7 of ripe plum tomatoes.
- You need 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of baguette french bread or similar itallian bread.
- You need 1 tbsp of freeze dried basil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of freeze dried garlic.
There are so many delicious bruschetta toppings to choose from, but this is hard to beat. Basil and tomatoes compliment each other beautifully and are usually overflowing in my garden in the late summer months. You can toast the bread in the oven or on the grill so you don't heat up the kitchen. In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper.
Tomato Basil Bruschetta step by step
- preheat oven to 450.
- toss tomatoes in boiling water for one minute..
- remove tomatoes and peel skins off of them..
- quarter the tomatoes and remove the seeds, stem area and the juicey parts..
- chop tomato parts finely..
- mix tomatoes, basil,garlic, oil and vinegar together and add salt n pepper to taste..
- slice baguetteon a diagonal about 1/2 in. thick. coat one side of each slice with oil using a pastry brush..
- place on a cookie sheet,oil side down. bake on top rack until golden. about 5 min..
- place tomato topping on bread slices and serve..
- (u may add motzarella balls to it as well).
- origin: litehouse leaflet.
Rub the garlic into one side of the baguette slices, then spoon the tomato mixture evenly across the slices. Make our simple tomato bruschetta as a classic Italian starter. Ideal for a summer gathering with friends, this easy dish is fresh, tasty and full of flavour Fresh tomato, basil, and garlic, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, come together in this easy, classic bruschetta appetizer. Get the recipe now on Foodal. What is bruschetta and where is it from?