Strawberry Bacon Blue Salad. Strawberry Bacon Blue Cheese Salad is loaded with flavor and packed with crunch. Perfect summer picnic salad recipe for pot lucks or an easy weeknight dinner…and just in time for strawberry season! Let's get real: it's not winning any beauty awards and its stench is undoubtedly suspicious.
Throw a steak on the grill and forget the steakhouse price tag when you make this easy salad recipe. Strawberry Wedge Salad with Bacon and Blue Cheese DIRECTIONS. Place salad ingredients in a large bowl in the order listed. You can have Strawberry Bacon Blue Salad using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Bacon Blue Salad
- Prepare of Salad.
- Prepare 5 oz. of mixed greens.
- It’s 1 c. of sliced strawberries.
- You need 1/2 c. of pecan halves.
- You need 3/4 c. of blue cheese, crumbled.
- Prepare 12 slices of bacon, crisp cooked, crumbled.
- You need of Dressing.
- You need 1/4 c. of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 c. of orange juice.
- Prepare 1/4 c. of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of ground ginger.
Combine all dressing ingredients, blending until the sugar dissolves. When ready to serve, pour dressing over salad ingredients and toss. The sweetness of the strawberry melds incredibly well with the bite of the blue cheese (try LaVergne very smooth blue). Once you try this salad you'll wonder why you didn't have this before.
Strawberry Bacon Blue Salad instructions
- Toss together salad ingredients in a large bowl..
- Add all dressing ingredients to a jar, with lid, and shake well..
- Let everyone dress their own salad on their plate so any leftovers won't wilt from dressing..
Also try different fruits like apples pears grapes pineapple etc. This Strawberry, Bacon, and Feta salad is full of contrasting flavors and textures. The strawberries add sweetness while the bacon and feta add saltiness. There are still a few strawberries left in the strawberry fields near our house, but they won't be available much longer. Easy strawberry salad recipe with iceberg lettuce, crumbled bacon and a homemade blue cheese vinaigrette.