Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup. Meanwhile, on a large baking sheet, toss tortilla strips with oil and a pinch of salt. It is a good base recipe! I added a quart of chicken stock to make it more soup like and it was perfect.
Set the Instant pot to the Saute function. Add the diced tomato, green chilies, chicken thighs (whole), dry black beans ( or canned, drained), chicken stock, water, salt and all the spices. Slow Cooker Instructions: Place onion, garlic, diced green chiles, fire roasted diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin, black beans and chicken broth in slow cooker. You can have Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- You need 2 lbs of chicken breast and/or thighs.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 2 of carrots, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 of medium red bell pepper, diced.
- You need 4.5 oz of can diced green chilies.
- It’s 15 oz of can diced tomatoes.
- You need 8 oz of can tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbls of chilli powder.
- Prepare 2 tbls of cumin.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 7 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 cube of rapunzel broth cubes.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
- You need 1/2 of lime juiced.
- Prepare of Toppings: tortilla chips, diced avocado, shredded Mexican cheese.
Nestle the chicken into the mixture. Remove chicken, shred, and return to the slow cooker. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. Instant Pot chicken tortilla soup is a delicious, quick and easy dinner that you can throw together in less than thirty minutes.
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- Saute chicken until brown on all sides. *Don't brown if it's frozen. Add the chicken after the veges are sauteed..
- Add the onion, carrots, garlic, and red bell pepper. Saute for 5 minutes..
- Add the canned ingredients..
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the fresh cilantro..
- Put the lid on the instant pot and place the vent to seal. Press cancel, then press the Soup button. 30 minutes should appear..
- When the soup is done cooking, allow the pressure to naturally release for 15 min, then carefully release remaining pressure..
- Add the chopped cilantro and lime juice..
- Serve with desired toppings!.
Did y'all catch the Amazon deals on the Instant Pot over the holidays? There were some CRAZY good deals! This easy Instant Pot chicken tortilla soup recipe tastes like it's been cooked low and slow, but it's fast and requires minimal effort!. I think you'll really like this Tex-Mex chicken soup. It's got a delicious fire-roasted tomato broth, corn, beans, spices, and tender shredded chicken.