Instant pot Lamb Ragu. Instant Pot Lamb Ragu with Pappardelle is about to go down. If you and I are the same – which I think maybe there are some things that we are the same on because, well hello, you're here. (And I love you for it). But anyways, if we're the same then pasta is a soul food.
Making a traditional tasting ragu in the instant pot is really simple. If you read my Instant Pot Review then you know that this Lamb Ragu is one of the recipes that convinced me of the benefits of having an electric slow cooker. The entire recipe is made in the Instant Pot in half the time it would take to traditionally braise it in the oven and tastes just as good! You can cook Instant pot Lamb Ragu using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant pot Lamb Ragu
- Prepare 1 (4.5 lbs) of leg of lamb.
- Prepare 1 of onion yellow diced.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 2-3 of small to medium carrots diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 cup of red wine.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Fresh thyme chopped (about 4 or 5 sprigs).
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Fresh rosemary (about one sprig).
- You need 1 TBS. of avocado oil or olive oil.
- You need 1 (4.5 oz) of can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 (12 oz) of can of San Mariano tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 TBS of whole milk.
- It’s to taste of Salt & pepper.
- It’s of Gremolata-herb condiment ingredients.
- It’s 1 cup of parsley.
- Prepare 2 of small garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Zest of 1 lemon.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
I am most definitely an advocate for the time-honoured. Season beef with salt and pepper, to taste. Lamb chops in the Instant Pot make for a surprisingly easy weeknight meal All it takes is a quick sear and a few minutes of pressure cooking time to create moist, tender lamb chops. And the winner of "Comparison – Stove Top versus Instant Pot Lamb Ragout" is——the INSTANT POT!
Instant pot Lamb Ragu instructions
- Heat oil in your instant pot using the sauté function high I usually set it to 20 mins because you can always cancel it when your done..
- Season lamb on all sides generously with salt and pepper..
- Brown Lamb on all sides for about 5 to 7 min. a side or until browned. Remove lamb and set aside for now..
- You may need to add a little more oil to the pan to sauté your veggies. Add onions, garlic, carrots and sauté till softened..
- Next add your tomato paste and cook for 1 to 2 mins..
- Deglaze the pan with the red wine. Making sure to scrap up all the browned bits..
- Next add the tomatoes, herbs, and milk and bring sauce to a simmer..
- Put lid on your instant pot and make sure the valve switched to sealing..
- Pressure cook or manual button for 120 mins on high. You can do natural release or manual release what ever you prefer..
- Once lid is open remove the lamb. Set pot back to med to low sauté to allow the sauce to reduce while you shred the lamb. Spoon off any excess lamb grease from the top of the sauce. Next add the lamb back into the sauce and it’s ready to top your pasta..
- I like to garnish the lamb Ragu with Parmesan cheese and fresh gremolata. Recipe below..
- Gremolata- chop parsley and garlic finely then add lemon zest, pinch of salt and pepper. Mix together and sprinkle over finished lamb ragu..
Yes, the instant pot ragout (red bowl) won the comparison five votes to two (Chloe's vote was a wash). Our vote was for the traditional stove top method. Maybe, we were predisposed as we tasted the stove top method so many times. Season lamb on all sides generously with salt and pepper. This hearty Instant Pot beef ragu is a great recipe for cooler weather or when you want to make a versatile meat dish as part of your weekend meal prep.