You can cook Tapenade Crostini using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tapenade Crostini
- You need 1 cup of pitted “mixed” color olives (kalamata olives).
- Prepare 2 Tbs. of capers.
- It’s 1 of anchovy fillet, rinsed; or a paste (optional).
- It’s 1 of small clove garlic, minced.
- You need 3 of fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 1 Tbs. of lemon juice.
- It’s 2 Tbs. of extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 loaf of baguette bread, sliced.
Tapenade Crostini instructions
- Rinse the olives thoroughly in water. In a bowl for the food processor or in a blender, combine all the ingredients..
- Process these ingredients for 1 minute. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Drizzle in a little more olive oil. Continue processing until the mixture becomes paste like..
- Transfer to a bowl or container, cover, and chill..
- Slice the baguette in 1/4 inch slices (slight angle). Place pieces on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake or “toast” under the broiler for ~2 minutes. [Keep an eye on them].
- Remove the sheet from the oven and place the toasted slices on a platter. Top with the tapenade, garnish, and serve. [I use tomato slices for a garnish that can also be used to top the crostini bread].