Beer battered fish. Beer Battered Fish is a classic pub food dinner made with fresh cod that's dipped into a batter of flour, eggs, beer, and seasoning, then fried until it's crispy and golden brown on the outside and flaky on. This is a great beer batter fish recipe, and is very easy to do. We often fish all day with friends, and Gradually mix in one beer until a thin batter is formed.
Stay in, make your own and save some money. Then dip the fish into the beer batter, completely dunking it until it is fully submerged. Watch how to make light and crispy beer-battered fried fish. You can cook Beer battered fish using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beer battered fish
- It’s 375 grams of flour.
- It’s 1 can of Blue Ribbon beer.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare 250 grams of flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic and herb seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of parsley.
- Prepare 4 tsp of fine grated parmesan.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- Prepare 5 of fish fillets.
Beer-Battered Fish from Delish.com is crispy, golden fish-and-chips at its best. There's nothing super crazy about this recipe, but when you do it right, it's absolutely perfect. Pat fish dry and season on both sides with salt and pepper and coat the fish in the beer batter. Dip the dredged fish in the beer batter and fry the fish until golden brown.
Beer battered fish instructions
- Pre heat deep fryer to 160°C. Pre heat oven to 140°C..
- Sift flour and salt to taste into a large bowl add beer continuously stir to get a smooth batter. Slowly add the beer as may not need the whole can. Leave to sit with a tea towel covering while sorting next steps..
- Mix 250 grams sifted flour and remaining ingredients to a bowl..
- Cut fish to size you want or leave whole. I cut long ways straight along the middle then through the middle on an angle will make 20 pieces..
- Coat fish in dry flour mix.
- Have oil ready and start coating fish in batter. Use a fork to transfer fish from batter into oil. Fry turning every few minutes once golden and floating remove and place on paper towel.
- Once fried and all been on paper towel to absorb excess oil place in oven on 140°C and let sit for 20mins..
- You dont have to put in oven could just fry in deep fryer for a little longer. I just do it that way so once it is all done and in the oven i can then move on to making salad,chips or whatever you are going to serve it with. And then also the fish has the nice crispy golden color on the outside but the fish is cooked right through. I have done this a few times now and it doesn't dry the fish out at all it is still nice and moist..
Place in a bowl, season to taste with seasoned salt and parsley flakes, toss. This beer battered fish recipe is full of flavour and gives delicious light and crisp results when deep fried. We like to serve our beer battered fish with homemade chips and mushy peas. And what a fish recipe this is. The batter is a mix of flour and cornstarch, which comes out shatteringly crisp and remarkably un-greasy.