Instant Pot BBQ ribs. You are talking melting in your mouths ribs. Enter the instant pot, I found this recipe / process to be pretty spot-on , the ribs came out as good as the ones that I typically make in an electric smoker. Cooking ribs directly in the liquid vs. on a rack in the pressure cooker: When cooking ribs in the pressure cooker, some of the meat flavor will transfer to the liquid.
Doing this gives the sauce a chance to stick to the ribs and caramelize a bit, just like they. These Instant Pot BBQ Pork Ribs are fall off the bone tender, delicious, and super sticky from a delicious Whiskey BBQ sauce. But most importantly they will be on your dinner table in under an hour! You can have Instant Pot BBQ ribs using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot BBQ ribs
- You need 1 of slab of baby back ribs.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of onion powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of granulated garlic.
- You need 1 tablespoon of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoons of cumin powder.
I spend all day today fantasizing about fall off the bone tender pork ribs, slathered in a tangy whiskey BBQ sauce, paired alongside some creamy coleslaw. These instant pot ribs are the perfect examples of the type recipe that cooks GREAT in the pressure cooker or instant pot. How to make Instant Pot Ribs: Season the ribs all over with a dry spice rub. Add liquid to the bottom of the instant pot.
Instant Pot BBQ ribs step by step
- Remove membrane from underside of ribs..
- Mix together dry rub (brown sugar, onion powder, granulated garlic, paprika and cumin) I don’t like spicy food so this was good for me. You could use any spices you want..
- Press rub into ribs to coat both sides..
- Put 1 cup water and 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar in bottom of instant pot and put the trivet on top of the liquid..
- Wrap the rack of ribs around the trivet but not touching the sides..
- Set pot on meat/stew button for 25 minutes. Let it natural release for 10 minutes then do a quick release..
- Put cooked ribs on a foil lined baking sheet. Cover with your favorite BBQ sauce. Broil in the oven for about 5 minutes for the sauce to bubble..
Curl the ribs around the instant pot, with the meat side facing out. He's sad now because I'll never let him bbq ribs again after this fantastic recipe. Update: I made these a second time because my son showed up to visit on a night that I didn't plan to make dinner. How Long to Cook Ribs in the Instant Pot. Do not vent the spare ribs immediately.