Instant Pot Chili. If you want from scratch, our traditional chili is your answer. It is full of bacon, ground beef, beans, and all the toppings you want! Set Instant Pot to Sauté function and add oil.
And it is so stinking easy with such minimal effort with the help of your pressure cooker. Simply throw everything right in and let it do all the work for you! Pour oil into the Instant Pot® and select Saute function. You can have Instant Pot Chili using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Chili
- It’s 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic.
- You need 1 can of light red kidney beans.
- It’s 1 can of black beans.
- It’s of Large onion diced.
- You need 15 oz of can crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 15 oz of can tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 package of McCormicks chili seasoning.
- Prepare 15 oz of can rotel original.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 cup of water.
Make a hole in the center of the mixture and add chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Return cooked beef to the pot and add water. Keyword: chili instant pot, instant pot chili, instant pot chili recipe, pressure cooker chili verde. Of course the inspiration for this recipe was my Slow Cooker Chili, it's been one of my most popular most loved recipes for years now.
Instant Pot Chili step by step
- Sauté ground beef in oil in the instant pot. Add onions and cook until translucent. Turn off sauté function. Drain excess fat..
- Add seasoning and mix through ground beef mixture along with a cup of water..
- Add in beans, salt and pepper and stir..
- Add rotel, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce on top. Do not mix..
- Secure instant pot lid and make sure the vent is sealed. Set on manual for 10 minutes then let pressure release naturally..
They are very very similar but I did make a few adjustments. I love that this recipe cooks faster than the slow cooker does and I also love that it's all cooked in the one pot, rather than having to brown the beef and onions in a pot on. I browned the ground beef in a separate skillet and then added it in with the other ingredients. I still got the "BURN" notification. I had to transfer the chili to regular pot and cook it on the stove.