Instant Pot chicken lo mein. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top. Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein is an easy dump & start one-pot recipe for a popular Chinese takeout.
It's so good, you won't even miss the fortune cookie—promise! You're going to love how easy this Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein is to make! To start, I placed my chicken, oil, garlic and onion into the instant pot and sauteed the mixture until the chicken was brown. You can have Instant Pot chicken lo mein using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot chicken lo mein
- Prepare 2 of chicken breast cut into chuncks.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 of small onion diced.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of hoisin sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 8 ounces of thin spaghetti noodles.
- Prepare 1 can of water chestnuts.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced sweet peppers.
- Prepare 1 package of steamed broccoli.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of cornstarch.
Once my chicken was cooked, I poured in my soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, cabbage, carrots, mushrooms and water. These Instant Pot Lo Mein Noodles with chicken are just about the easiest thing to make in your Instant Pot and it totally makes Asian stir fry night easy – everything comes together in just one pot so it's a true dump meal, and all you need is spaghetti so you don't need to run to the store to grab any fancy noodles. Instant Pot Chicken Lo Mein is a noodle dish packed with classic Chinese flavor! I totally dig this Chicken Lo Mein Recipe.
Instant Pot chicken lo mein step by step
- Sauté chicken garlic and onion in olive oil in the instant pot.
- Add soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, chicken broth, water chestnuts and peppers.
- Break spaghetti noodles in half and place on top of mixture making sure all noodles are under liquid.
- Set instant pot to manual high pressure for 5 minutes. Quick release and add steamed broccoli, mixing everything together..
- Mix 4 tablespoons cornstarch with enough water to make a thick slurry..
- Set instant pot to sauté and stir in cornstarch slurry until sauce thickens..
It is definitely one of my takeout dishes of choice at Chinese restaurants. Ever since I got an Instant Pot I don't bother getting takeout anymore. This dish has it all and is more healthy than takeout Chinese Chicken Lo Mein. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf Hannaford. The opinions and text are all mine.